Driveshafts and Lifts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mavtricks71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Im doing an 8 inch lift on my K10 ....just wondering if anybody knows whats in my future as far as driveshafts. Will stock ones still fit? If anybody has an 8 inch lift please chime in thanks. Mike

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
Yep.. That's why the high school math teachers always say "Pay attention, this is important!!"......
I always thought that was ******** they said just to prove they were useful members of the teaching staff?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
Need custom driveshafts all the way. If your transfer case has long nose with the slip joint that will have to be changed to a yolk right of the TC and the shafts themselves need the splined long travel slip joint.

That's a big lift, what are you building the truck for?
I'm guessing big lift = big tires so I'll give the benefit of the doubt and assume you have 1 ton axles.
You will also need cross over steering, absolutely required.
Longer shock and brake lines.
Your front anti-sway bar will need to be deleted also.

Are you sure you don't want to just cut your fenders?

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Need custom driveshafts all the way. If your transfer case has long nose with the slip joint that will have to be changed to a yolk right of the TC and the shafts themselves need the splined long travel slip joint.

I'm guessing big lift = big tires so I'll give the benefit of the doubt and assume you have 1 ton axles.

Body lift!!!!! Lol jk

mavtricks71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Need custom driveshafts all the way. If your transfer case has long nose with the slip joint that will have to be changed to a yolk right of the TC and the shafts themselves need the splined long travel slip joint. Actually nothing like that its a mall cruiser to drive on weekends in the city ,

Trucks just for having fun in the city on weekends, no off roading ...hitting car shows ect. It's a partial frame on restoration, not highest quality but it will be a nice clean presentable truck if I can finish it. Thanks for info.

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
Trucks just for having fun in the city on weekends, no off roading ...hitting car shows ect. It's a partial frame on restoration, not highest quality but it will be a nice clean presentable truck if I can finish it. Thanks for info.
Ok if it's a street cruiser and you're not going to be at highways speeds too often you could get away without cross over steering, but would need a lowered steering arm and raised pitman arm.. umm sorry I might be getting my pits and steering mixed up.

Keep your rim width minimal. If you run like 10" rims your tire to fender clearance will diminish rapidly when you turn the steering wheel.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ls85c10man