Driveshaft vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

akchevrolet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
I understood that, but in re-reading my post I did not convey that, rather your post reminded me that there maybe folks wondering what happened when I replaced those axles, which I have not yet done.
Oh ok.

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
In my case, the carrier is new, as are the U-joints thanks to @R Carnella I discovered I have a mildly bent axle. I have done nothing about it as of yet. Part of that is I hate to spend $200 or more for a pair of axles, when what I really want to do is dump the semi-float and swap in a full float both for strength and to get rid of the 3.41 gears, in favor of 4.10's or 4.56's

That's good stuff right there, John Anderson that is. I didn't really realize that was your kind of music, until you posted Seminole wind. I rarely go into the music thread so I guess I don't really know what you like for music!
Maybe the crankshaft is bent. You should dump it and do an LS swap.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Maybe the crankshaft is bent. You should dump it and do an LS swap.
Let me see, um no.
Must be it. Sounds like a great reason to get some vortex heads to me. :shrug:
Well since you said vortec heads, have you seen my thread on carb'ed vortecs? https://www.gmsquarebody.com/threads/carbed-vortec-looking-for-info-and-opinions.35037/ I really, really like the idea of dropping in a vortec 350, it seems like the easy button, for more towing and hauling power (without going to like a 454), all my existing bracket will bolt up, an with the correct intake me carb will go on so no FI installation costs. But not happy that some folks have reported cold weather driveablity issues. Keep in mind I need to update my info as my truck actually has a 305 not a 350.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84