Draining antifreeze before changing intake manifold

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
I had a customer who used a shop vac to suck gas out of his gas tank. Seriously, I can't believe anyone would ever think this is a good idea,it isn't. It did not turn out well.
I new a guy that got a nasty case of lead poison after syphoning gas out of a truck with a tank full of leaded gas back in the 80's. IDK how he got that much in his system....

Mango

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gil
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Could you blow it out with Air

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
Hold on. I don't understand... I knew it was gonna be an edelbroke when you said "casting flaw" and "pinholes".
Yep! Shure AF was!
Made me wonder why you got rid of one junk manifold just to buy another. Y U NO Holley or Weiand? Either of those are better parts! :shrug: I own both.

You must be registered for see images attach

kzguns

Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban 20
Engine Size
I had a pin hole in an intake that was weeping coolant. I really didn't have time to pull it and replace or whatever so i grabbed a bottle of K-seal and dumped it in. stopped leaking in less than 10 min. and its been a while now so I'm just gonna leave it.

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
I had a pin hole in an intake that was weeping coolant. I really didn't have time to pull it and replace or whatever so i grabbed a bottle of K-seal and dumped it in. stopped leaking in less than 10 min. and its been a while now so I'm just gonna leave it.
K seal does work. But I'll only ever use that stuff if it's 100+ or -60 degrees and I'm in the absolute middle of nowhere.

Never add stop leak. Such a hack job, not hating for using it. But definitely isn't a fix, but a small, temporary bandaid. Your mechanic will hate you a little bit, if no mechanic, you'll hate yourself lol.

kzguns

Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban 20
Engine Size
Ya its not the prefered option but i was in a spot and it got me going. the system has since been flushed and all good.

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Hold on. I don't understand... I knew it was gonna be an edelbroke when you said "casting flaw" and "pinholes".
Yep! Shure AF was!
Made me wonder why you got rid of one junk manifold just to buy another. Y U NO Holley or Weiand? Either of those are better parts! :shrug: I own both.

Haha, “Edelbroken”. I like it.

After asking a couple guys in the industry, apparently the ones that are stamped “made in USA” are much better quality and don’t have these problems. Months into the project and I still don’t have any issues so I guess this one is a good casting.

Now the Edelbrock carb, that’s a different story. It’s ok, but I’ll likely be going to a Holley carb or a Sniper EFI down the road. As of now, I have bigger problems to solve.

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Eww@edelbroke carbs..you'll get her fixed up old boy...but Y U NO PIX?
Ok, here you go. Been in many threads but here’s one for ya. :) I always forget to go back to what I started, lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackscott2005