Doug Thorley Tri-Y headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
Yea right now I use this app called the weather channel. Lol
I was talking about the fittings in all the tubes near the flange. They look like EGT probes.

ajd89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I was talking about the fittings in all the tubes near the flange. They look like EGT probes.
Ohhh I thought you were messing with me. I thought guys with diesels were the only ones who worried about that.Those are for the air pump egr crap. The headers are CA emission compliant or something. It was hooked up when I got it but I ripped it off and pluged the holes.

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
Ohhh I thought you were messing with me. I thought guys with diesels were the only ones who worried about that.Those are for the air pump egr crap. The headers are CA emission compliant or something. It was hooked up when I got it but I ripped it off and pluged the holes.
Right on. How's the pontoon business?

ajd89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Right on. How's the pontoon business?
I know I dont care for how they stick out of there but plugs was easier then cutting and welding for now.

Works ok. Been slower down to 40 hours for the past year. Enjoying the shut down now though! I could do this all summer! Lol You still working I assume?

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
I know I dont care for how they stick out of there but plugs was easier then cutting and welding for now.

Works ok. Been slower down to 40 hours for the past year. Enjoying the shut down now though! I could do this all summer! Lol You still working I assume?
Been working on airplanes but not my regular work. My guys are afraid to work right now I guess.

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
I spent the money on a set of these for my 87 1/2 ton 4x4 (v10). I sent them back because they hit the frame on the passenger side. Product looked great quality, just didn't want to cut on my frame that much.

You don't trim the frame, you hammer a dent into the header to clear.

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
You don't trim the frame, you hammer a dent into the header to clear.
Glad I read through the whole thread first, I was gonna say the exact same thimg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MixManSC