Door panel recommendation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jak22099

Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
400 SBC
I have an '84 Scottsdale K10 and unfortunstely the original door cards were beyond salvaging and I haven't been able to find original ones in much better condition than mine... anyone have any recommendations? I ended up getting the LMC set but honestly they're pretty ****** and I'm not happy with them. I want to keep the OEM look but I'm fine if it doesn't match the trim (having the pocket and the pullstrap from the silverado version would be pretty nice ngl) I was looking at the USA1 panels bc they look really nice, they're ridiculously expensive but if the pricr reflects the quality I don't mind shelling out a bit

FireTruck1984

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
1984 and 1984
Truck Model
High Sierra K1500 350. Sierra Classic C1500 305.
Engine Size
350, 305
CJ Pony Parts
You must be registered for see images attach

Bloodhound1981

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10
Engine Size
I have an '84 Scottsdale K10 and unfortunstely the original door cards were beyond salvaging and I haven't been able to find original ones in much better condition than mine... anyone have any recommendations? I ended up getting the LMC set but honestly they're pretty ****** and I'm not happy with them. I want to keep the OEM look but I'm fine if it doesn't match the trim (having the pocket and the pullstrap from the silverado version would be pretty nice ngl) I was looking at the USA1 panels bc they look really nice, they're ridiculously expensive but if the pricr reflects the quality I don't mind shelling out a bit
If you have a year and a half to wait for them, USA1 makes the best quality door panels.

fast 99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Was about a year waiting for a dash pad. They kept stalling off the production date. Last time the response was IDK and asked if I wanted to cancel, so I did.

Bennyt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I don't think usa1 actually manufactures their own but I may be wrong.

I've been told and believe there are 2 different manufactures or types in China that make them all and supply the industry. An ABS molded version and a plastic injection molded. I don't remember which is which as far as quality.

Reach out to The Chrome Guy (Edwin)in Glendale, AZ. He specializes in C10 parts and has both types in stock. 623.934.2333. He's a small shop but does a lot of volume and will answer the phone himself.

GTX63

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ty
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size

When I need a lot of parts I buy a parts truck.
When it is something like door panels, I get on FB Marketplace and do a search. If the stuff isn't what I am looking for, I keep searching farther out and every day I come back until I find what I am looking for. So far that method has worked for about every single item I have been looking for.

I will not pay a company my money that cannot deliver their products in a reasonable amount of time.

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
I bought Coverlay through Rockauto. They were the cheapest I found. The panels are the same style as OEM, but have the 89-91 style cloth inserts. In the second picture you can see the factory style 81-88 insert. I'm going to add the non-pull strap trim like I did on my '79 (photo #3).

The sun visors are USA-1 charcoal versions that took 9 months to get in 2021. These dark grey ones match the charcoal perfectly.

Last edited:

peats

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
john
Truck Year
72k5, 81c10 short step, 83k10 short fleet, 03 SSR. 25 chevy doodlebug
Truck Model