Door Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hubs

Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Hello,
This is my first post. I tried searching and didn't find anything, sorry if i missed a relevant post somewhere.
I have a 79 C10 that i'm restoring and I now believe that it has 81-87 doors on it. I think this because i ordered new vent window seals and window channel kits for it based on the fact that it is a 79 and they don't appear to be the same as whats on the door. to be clear the only seals that are left on the doors are the vent windows and the new ones I have don't match. does anyone know if the door glass changed from 80 to 81 and if so would seals still be usable if i do in fact have later model doors installed on my truck?

Thanks for any help.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Are the vent window opening knob has a locking button on it? If it does, then the doors are newer. I believe there is not much difference in doors other than the locking vent window and glass thickness

silverscottsk10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Are the vent window opening knob has a locking button on it? If it does, then the doors are newer. I believe there is not much difference in doors other than the locking vent window and glass thickness

What year did the locking windows start?

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
What year did the locking windows start?

It was around 81, but do not exactly know, I have found the info before, but would have to search for it to be sure

silverscottsk10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Ah, I've noticed the difference but never knew when they started

Hubs

Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Sorry for the late reply. I have a friend who has a 74 he's working on and was able to verify that the vent windows are in fact different. Apparently the lock feature wasn't the only thing that changed from 80 to 81 model years, the shape of the glass was also slightly changed and the seal went from 2 pieces to 1 piece. The seals are not interchangeable due to the subtle change in the shape of the glass.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SquareInheretance