Door Handle/Latch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

83kid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Hi,
So in my 83 k10 last night my door handle on the inside just stopped working. I took the door panel off, and the metal bar that goes into the whitish colored plastic piece had co me off. So, i pushed it back in, and when you pull the handle like 1/2 the way, it moves fine, but all the way and it comes up and over the rounded thing which unlatches the door.

How is this bar supposed to go?
I may be missing a piece, or im just putting it on wrong... Sorry for there being no pictures!

Thanks!

SlickGTP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
If I remember correctly, there's a little plastic or metal clip that is supposed to hold it in place.

83kid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Theres a whitish plastic clip thats there to hold the bar in place, but that with the bar in it slides up and over the mechanism that unlatches the door when you pull the handle all the way

83kid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Nevermind, figured it out, i hadnt pushed the rod into the little hole

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
John says:

If I remember correctly, there's a little plastic or metal clip that is supposed to hold it in place.

You should listen to him, because he does - remember correctly. He is referring to item 16 below (016 CLIP. Door Lock Inside Handle. Door Lock Remote. Door Lock Remote Control Inside):

You must be registered for see images attach

The dwg above doesn't show it well. Here it is in real life:

You must be registered for see images attach

It is most likely down at the bottom of the door. To retrieve it, you can fish around with your hand or use a magnet. But don't be surprised if it is in two pieces.

I am sure you can find it in a junkyard, but if not:

http://parts.nalleygmc.com/products...k-Remote-Control-Inside/2454506/00375180.html

83kid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Oh, i was reffering to the clip that goes on the other end of the bar, not the handle side but the latch side. Everything with the handle was fine, its just the bar that comes out of the handle had come unattached from the latch side (Not the handle side).
I figured it out, all i had to do was push the rod into a hole and latch down a plastic piece to it.

Thanks for the help though!:)

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
Excellent!