Do I need an Alternator upgrade?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
Once I figure out how to adapt it to my square . . .
You must be registered for see images attach

RanchWelder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
--------
Truck Year
Truck Model
Blazer
Engine Size
355ci
My former team members, had that rig flown by 4pm every day (both sides).
That was after climbing the superstructure of the 17 semi Stadium Stage rig (we built the week before).
We showed up rested at 6am and started installing all the chain hoists to handle the 3 semi trucks of audio and the entire 9 semi's of lighting/carpentry/band gear stadium fly set. (12 trucks of Production/Sound/Lighting/Video, on stage, rig hung ready to fly... By lunch).

The last time that man sang into a microphone, on earth, in Tampa, FL; I rolled out and taped to the floor, his hand woven Persian rug, installed his mic.
In the summer of 1995, 53-year-old Jerry Garcia, lead guitarist and vocalist for The Grateful Dead, announced he was going to Hawaii. He'd played a concert July 9 in Chicago that was described as "decidedly ragged," as Ultimate Classic Rock reports.
Would suggest his Chicago performance was not real, or even possible, in my humble opinion.
https://www.grunge.com/212160/the-tragic-death-of-the-grateful-deads-jerry-garcia/
*** Would bet $0.10 most of the previous link might not be true.***

Working as his local hire audio technician/high steel rigger, my gig after the rig was flown, was on-stage.
My gig became wiring Direct Inputs, assemble the drums/risers, build the back stage hide-out's, and all the wiring and voice testing for all the stage mics.
In order to set the monitor's on stage, somebody had to talk for hours. I guess I'm good at that.
(You had to keep it intersting and entertaining, when the sound was broadcasting over an entire stadium...)

My good friend and co-worker for 7 years, had the job of touring that audio rig for a very, very long run.

The last tour grossed $55 MilUS. They were earning close to that number year after year, way before the other modern artists seeing anything close to that, were even born.

Very few artists can boast as long a 100% sell-out touring career, as Garcia.

Love him or hate him, that guy could fill a stadium.

""Wazafuzzywauzzy."" (If you know what that means, mind your own business.);)

The Crew T-Shirt, that tour, was a huge Red White and Blue, USA Flag Colored Rose Flower/Stem.

"First In: Last Out", was the tour slogan across the bottom in Gold and Black Lettering. Amazing lithography on the shirt printing. World class.

Donated my mint production crew shirt to the Florida GD Fan Club President, because she was so cool.

She said she had never been offered a crew shirt and a back stage pass, before. (After the event).
It was after Jerry Passed and she would never get another one offered to her ever again.
(Seemed like the right thing to do at the time).

That sound cluster brings back memories.
Flew that Rig.

Last edited:

RustyPile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
1983 GMC
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 SBC
Thanks guys Illl just use my original Alternator..... Do you know if my truck is a 63 amp or 78 amp?
[EDIT] post removed, information no longer applies.......

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bhardiman1