Direct bolt in gauge cluster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
I didn't cut any of my wires from the plug. I used, no flames, vampire taps. I know....I'm not a bog fan of them either but couldn't bring myself to put the plug off.
I left my plug back there and cut the wires about 4-6" from the plug. My truck will never go back original but you just never know when it could be needed.

CalSgt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy K-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Wow, imaging getting that, or any, Square up to 160 mph, or even 140.
I’ve had my Speedo pinned all the way around to the stop peg at zero…

I always guessed it was between 125-135, the guy riding shotgun in the vehicle next to me would look at their Speedo then look at me in disbelief he repeatedly did that for a few moments shook his head and gave me a thumbs up. This was on 20 year old stock ball joints, everything in the suspension was stock original except the springs and shocks.

Probably one of the stupidest things I’ve ever done right there with pushing a stock Acura to 156 MPH on a 2 lane highway

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I just replaced mine with the LMC tac kit and all new gauges, sockets, bulbs, circuit board, etc. Do yourself a favor if you go with stock, skip the OG bulbs altogether. I did mine with new incandescent and immediately redid it with the 194 style LEDs before I even reinstalled it. I actually could have gone one level up in intensity to be honest. They're not as bright as I want, but are 500% better than the original style bulbs.
Cool. Not to hijack, how’d the install go?

Soundmound

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale
Engine Size
Cool. Not to hijack, how’d the install go?
Simple really. I was hesitant because some folks had some smaller issues when doing theirs, but mine went fine. Still need to run the tach wire to the distributor though.

Bennyt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
@Bennyt any finished pics with decals? Cool look.

Randy and E
They are slightly darker than the truck color but pretty close. If you zoom in, you'll see a couple bubbles I couldn't get rid of but they are hardly noticeable. I can always pull them off and have the original faces.
You must be registered for see images attach

Fastduramax

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Silverado
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach

Kasey 1977 K10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kasey
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Lots of guys went Dakota Digital and they all seem to like them. We were going to do the same but 16 year olds budget did not allow the extra cash at the time. We refurbished the stock cluster, new CB, contacts lights (LED) replaced a few gauges and cleaned up the others. Took out the clock and blocked that off. Did it all for under $300 and he is happy so far.

Randy and Easton
I did pretty much the same. I also painted my needles silver with the blue led lights and installed a new lens.

nb96z

Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
5.3 LS
Nothing is direct plug-in that I’m aware of. I’m running Dakota Digital RTX. Pretty straight forward connecting the wires from the original gauge connector to the Dakota Digital control box. I’m happy with them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
85sqbod