Desirable transmission/transfercase for LS swap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kash Brown

Reaction score
First Name
Kash
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I didn't see a lot on here related to my situation, but I currently have a 86 with a 700r4 and transfercase mated to it. I'm preparing to do an LS swap somewhere down the road and just curious for those of you that have, what are the more popular ways of going about having overdrive with 4x4?

Are most people sticking with the 700r4 and manual shift transfercase like I have and just using adapters to make life easier?

I just wanted to start keeping my eyes out for deals on a driveline setup in case I come across something.

Thanks

RoryH19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rory
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado SWB
Engine Size
350 TBI
I didn't see a lot on here related to my situation, but I currently have a 86 with a 700r4 and transfercase mated to it. I'm preparing to do an LS swap somewhere down the road and just curious for those of you that have, what are the more popular ways of going about having overdrive with 4x4?

Are most people sticking with the 700r4 and manual shift transfercase like I have and just using adapters to make life easier?

I just wanted to start keeping my eyes out for deals on a driveline setup in case I come across something.

Thanks

You can check my thread for some ideas.
I used an Escalade LS6.0 with 4L65e. They came together so I knew there wouldn't be any issues.
For the T-case look for a 90-91 NP241c from a blazer or suburban. It will give the pulse to tell the computer to shift the trans.
With this setup you will also be able to use the stock driveshafts.
Also grab the gauge cluster from the blazer or suburban to have the factory look with electric speedo.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SMC2224