Deformable LED Garage lights anyone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

waterpirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10
Engine Size
5.7 tbi
I pulled out the center section of 3 wide 8' flourecent and replaced with a made to fit fixture holding 4 4' led bulbs. Brewery has never been so bright! DQ'd the outer to fixtures. Fixture and bulbs 99.00 from local electric supply house.
Eric

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I pulled out the center section of 3 wide 8' flourecent and replaced with a made to fit fixture holding 4 4' led bulbs. Brewery has never been so bright! DQ'd the outer to fixtures. Fixture and bulbs 99.00 from local electric supply house.
Eric
Pics ?

waterpirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10
Engine Size
5.7 tbi
Of the light fixture or the brewery? lol
You can google 8' led replacement for flourecent and get plenty of info
Eric

Crispy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
Those deformable lights are cool but pricey in a cost/output sense. I paid $60 for two of them from amazon (they are cheaper now https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07G36R76D/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1) and installed them in my garage. Super bright but I dont use my garage for anything except parking cars so having high wattage, expensive (in the relative sense) wasnt what i wanted to do so I replaced them with 9 watt daylight bulbs from the hardware store.

I then bought 2 sets these for $10 more than I paid for the deformable lights:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07C772B48/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

No longer available it seems like but each set came with 6 tubes. A couple of extension harnesses later and I have 12 of these in my workshop below my garage now. Its like daylight in there all the time. I'll post some pics up later today but something similar is HIGHLY suggested. These arent UL listed or that beefy so I wouldnt put them in a place they would get hit, the plugs also arent grounded for those who care. Mounting is simple with the supplied hardware.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
I then bought 2 sets these for $10 more than I paid for the deformable lights:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07C772B48/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They are still available. Just look up Barrina LED on amazon. I did the finished basement and half the garage with 2 sets of these. Eventually I'll get another set for the other half of the garage. Best money I've spent around the house in a while. And only $43 for 6. You have to get the longer extensions for about $20.

https://www.amazon.com/Barrina-Inte...eywords=barina+led&qid=1576793716&s=hi&sr=1-4

Crispy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
They are still available. Just look up Barrina LED on amazon. I did the finished basement and half the garage with 2 sets of these. Eventually I'll get another set for the other half of the garage. Best money I've spent around the house in a while. And only $43 for 6. You have to get the longer extensions for about $20.

https://www.amazon.com/Barrina-Inte...eywords=barina+led&qid=1576793716&s=hi&sr=1-4

Good to know. I figured there would be other sellers offering them. Once I get settled in better I want to get some mounted a few feet up from the ground on a wall or two.
You must be registered for see images attach

Excuse the mess, still trying to move in little by little.

Dysco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
My deformable are here but under the tree, wife is making me wait a few days. I use my garage for butchering our deer, doing some woodworking projects, so I will hopefully use them enough to offset the cost.

Dysco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Well, my Christmas lights or shall I say light, as my wife decided to only order one than two as i requested...
It's bright, no doubt!
My phone doesn't quite show the real results, and I took the photos during daylight since I've been gone almost every night recently, so sun is a factor, but I think it's difference enough that you could imagine what night or a cloudy day would be like. Photos are in a before/after arrangement.
We just ordered three more for her dad's machine shed, should really be helpful for that large space.

Last edited:

Dysco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Here's one more "after" pic, sorry I didn't get a before of this angle.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
That's a pretty good difference for sure.

Dysco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Three more of these lights were delivered yesterday. One went in my basement furnace/storage/workshop area and REALLY makes a difference down there, especially being able to adjust and "aim" the light panels. One facing my storage shelves I left more vertical, another I aimed more horizontal onto my workbench area, and the third was about 45 degrees to throw light further into the back corner of the room. The two other lights will be put in in the machine shed at the farm. Overall I'm really happy with them. They feel pretty heavy-duty vs. some of the reports of similar lights on amazon. I can't see anything that feels cheap or would break easily. I got the ones without motion detection, as 1. not needed for my use, and 2. it seemed those were the lights people had the most complaints about (mostly about the motion detection not working how they hoped it would). I can't remember if the link on the first page is the brand I bought or not, but most certainly this link is accurate.

https://www.amazon.com/Lighting-Deformable-Warehouse-Corridor-Detection/dp/B07TYXV3P2/ref=sr_1_16?keywords=4+pack+deformable+LED+Garage+lights&qid=1576169231&s=hi&sr=1-16

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
I wonder how one of these would work in a fixture like a tall floor lamp I could use under my 2 post lift. I keep breaking magnet lights/flashlights from knocking them off an they are never as bright as I want them to be under there.

Dysco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I wonder how one of these would work in a fixture like a tall floor lamp I could use under my 2 post lift. I keep breaking magnet lights/flashlights from knocking them off an they are never as bright as I want them to be under there.
I wouldn't see why they wouldn't? Id want a wide or heavy base so you don't accidentally knock it over. Put a weight lifting plate over the lamp stem and slide it down onto the base.

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
These are much cheaper than the 4ft florescent lights too. I was looking at replacing mine and home depot wants $100 for the light fixtures. :eek:

I was floored. I don't remember them being that much. So I'm gonna give these a shot. Because I can get 2 for less than 1 of the old ones.
I got a 4ft LED shop light (florescent style with tubes) with twin bulbs at Walmart on black Friday. They were $12. Have a plug that you plug in to turn them on

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rossivey