Davbell22602 Tools

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I don't know if any of you guys use them or not, but Home Depot has plastic cord reels for like 6 bucks a pop. They work good too.

The 100 footers are on reels that I inherited from my granddad. Not real fond of them, but they do keep it neat.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
I think I have 2 100footers 2 50 footers and a 25 footer. I gots plenty of estension cords.

I've got 3 or 4 myself. More than plenty for my work space and it can reach from my garage to anywhere in my yard if I need it for some reason no matter if it's the front or backyard ! :) When we move to a bigger spot I might need more but we're good to go for now :D

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
Fix a Flat is junk anyway. I won't use the ****. It rusts up in inside of your rims. NO GOOD.

The main problem with that **** is it all slides down to the bottom while the car sits, when you take off your tire is way un-balanced, that leads to the worse part, cleaning out the nasty slimy ****. Usually if you take it to a garage they will charge you up the ass to clean it.

That being said, it saved my ass last summer. I had a tire with a rock break on the Mustang, no one in town had one in stock so I was driving on the donut spare. The Donut picked up a nail and went flat in the wal-mart parking lot, the tire guys said the temporary spares are not repairable, I just walked into the store and got some Fix-i-flat and drove home no problems.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
I got more tools too. I have 3/8 dewalt drill, 1/2 in craftsman hammer/drill, impact wrench, air ratchet, tap/die sets, bolt extractor tools, miter saw, air hammer/chisel, air blow gun, shop light, pressure washer, GM brake caliper socket, craftsman metal drill bit set, dewalt wood drill bit set, and probably some more. Will post more pics over the weekend or Monday.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
The main problem with that **** is it all slides down to the bottom while the car sits, when you take off your tire is way un-balanced, that leads to the worse part, cleaning out the nasty slimy ****. Usually if you take it to a garage they will charge you up the ass to clean it.

That being said, it saved my ass last summer. I had a tire with a rock break on the Mustang, no one in town had one in stock so I was driving on the donut spare. The Donut picked up a nail and went flat in the wal-mart parking lot, the tire guys said the temporary spares are not repairable, I just walked into the store and got some Fix-i-flat and drove home no problems.

Who cares for a dounut. I'd use it on a donut to get home if I had to. But, I carry a $3 plug kit from HF. It works well. Of course its tough to get air roadside if you need it. I have used that plug kit several times on work vehicles and they seem to work ok, and I don't like plugs. Just a plug to get home on is about all I'll use one for, then to Tires Plus to have it patched when convenient. I have not had a flat in years and years. Only 2 in my life I can remember on the road. Others are just slow leaks that I keep aired up until I get to the tire store for a free patch.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
Ok, I got the spring compressor tool for TH350, 700r4,and 4l60e in the mail today that I bought off ebay.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Ok, I got the spring compressor tool for TH350, 700r4,and 4l60e in the mail today that I bought off ebay.

I assume you are talking about the tool for the low/reverse clutch piston at the back of the case?? Its actually the last thing you take out of the case before you start a rebuild or the first that you put in when you strart your build. Always be sure the air pressure test that too before moving on. Its one of the most critical and biggest mistakes new builders make when building their first trans. They pinch or tear one of the three seals on the clutch piston.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
I assume you are talking about the tool for the low/reverse clutch piston at the back of the case?? Its actually the last thing you take out of the case before you start a rebuild or the first that you put in when you strart your build. Always be sure the air pressure test that too before moving on. Its one of the most critical and biggest mistakes new builders make when building their first trans. They pinch or tear one of the three seals on the clutch piston.

How is that done? Whats the tool called for the air pressure test?

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
How is that done? Whats the tool called for the air pressure test?

Just use an air compressor and blow nozzle. Put it in the right hole in the valve body area, and you can hear the clutck drum and watch it move and release inside the case. And listen for any air leaking past the piston. If the piston moves full travel and no air leak, then proceed and put our clutches and pressure plate in, and your snap ring. Then you can pressure test again and see the clutches get compressed and released.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
Just use an air compressor and blow nozzle. Put it in the right hole in the valve body area, and you can hear the clutck drum and watch it move and release inside the case. And listen for any air leaking past the piston. If the piston moves full travel and no air leak, then proceed and put our clutches and pressure plate in, and your snap ring. Then you can pressure test again and see the clutches get compressed and released.

Ok, And if it leaks?

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Also ask pops what style he uses. You might like your own style, so becasue its not a cheap tool, I'd get different opinions and see what you'd think is best for you.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
It pretty bad when spring cleaning at or around my workbench and find a new 1/2in 12pt 19mm deep socket. Cant remember why I bought it for either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dob555