Custom Console Build How To

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T Anderson

Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I have, but can't find any pictures of them. You just have to step the console down before the shifters or just have a console between the seats and not go up under the dash.

Okay thank you for the great tutorial and ideas.

Holl

Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban
Engine Size
nice work! Have you built overhead consoles? Any photos? Ive thought about building one for my suburban either like the "shelf it" (vertically driven products) that goes above the visors, or center of the roof with map lights, space for CB, etc...

cooperhw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
1978, 1981, 1983
Truck Model
C-10, K-20, C-20
Engine Size
5.7L
nice write up.

trukman1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
5.7 L (350)
WOW! I wish I had your kind of talent! Cool thing is this post shows how to build a console forany vehicle! Thanks.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
Very nice work. Looks great! Thanks for the info.

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
@X-cabsquarebody,

What happened to the lid? Why won't it close all the way? I saw a line on a cross support near the top that looked like it didn't get cut down. Now it's in the way? To much covering near the hinge and now it's in the way? I'm just being back seat nit-picky with ya'. You did a heck of a lot better than I could, and I do woodwork. I did build two big doll houses for my daughter one time, for her Barbie's. The first one was to small so I built the next one scale with a Barbie. The dang thing was over three feet tall! It had over 1500 hand laid wood shingle's on the roof! I had to build the doors and stairs myself. There wasn't retail doll house doors and stuff that large a scale. And it was made from 3/8" plywood. The only thing I wish I had done to the big one was electrify it. There's lamps and stuff for doll houses.
That's where I get my ideas from is doing weird stuff like building things that has nothing to do with trucks but can be applied to vehicle custom accents. Nowadays there's LED mini lighting for the inside of cars. I've got a bunch of those lights in all colors. @X-cabsquarebody you might think about putting those 12v mini lights inside the console that comes on when you open the lid! Or under the dash that comes on when you turn the headlights on.

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
@X-cabsquarebody,

What happened to the lid? Why won't it close all the way? I saw a line on a cross support near the top that looked like it didn't get cut down. Now it's in the way? To much covering near the hinge and now it's in the way? I'm just being back seat nit-picky with ya'. You did a heck of a lot better than I could, and I do woodwork. I did build two big doll houses for my daughter one time, for her Barbie's. The first one was to small so I built the next one scale with a Barbie. The dang thing was over three feet tall! It had over 1500 hand laid wood shingle's on the roof! I had to build the doors and stairs myself. There wasn't retail doll house doors and stuff that large a scale. And it was made from 3/8" plywood. The only thing I wish I had done to the big one was electrify it. There's lamps and stuff for doll houses.
That's where I get my ideas from is doing weird stuff like building stuff that has nothing to do with trucks but can be applied to vehicle custom accents. Nowadays there's LED mini lighting for the inside of cars. I've got a bunch of those lighting in all colors. @X-cabsquarebody you might think about putting those 12v mini lights inside the console that comes on when you open the lid! Or under the dash that comes on when you turn the headlights on.

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Man I have no idea what happened!!!

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
How do you delete a post?

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
just edit it and put duplicate in there if you like. an admin might delete it for you also.

83Burban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K10
Engine Size
This is an awesome write up. I am a carpenter by trade....my suburban has an old busted console thats not acrually for the truck. Idk why it never dawned on me to just make the **** out of plywood and wrap it. That looks awesome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1975K20