Cup holder

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ScottyB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
phantom
Engine Size
2 squirrels
Frustrated with the lack of options for cupholders and consoles...I built my own today out of wood. I covered the new console/cuphold with fabric to match my trucks new interior. The console sits on the transmission hump instead of the bench seat. It holds four drinks, the upper two are for larger gut buster drinks (44 oz) and the lower front two fit cans. The cosole was also built to accomodate a place to hold my cell phone in transit.

Pics or it didn't happen! :popcorn:

smoothandlow84

I'd rather be draggin' frame
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
1984 Frame...87 motor and 700r trans
Truck Model
1500 r10 pavement scraper
Engine Size
350 TBI
Pics or it didn't happen! :popcorn:

Here is what I came up with, still need to complete it today. I initially built it planning to set it on the floor "hump", although it can also be set on the bench seat too. Didn't think of that until I moved it to take this pic...lol

Last edited:

smoothandlow84

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 TBI
Decided to add some brushed aluminum to accent the top of the cup holder/console. I also attached the console to the trans hump with metal angle brackets and some self tapping screws. Makes more sense in my situation to attach it there rather than on the seat since I have a center seat belt and a small passenger (one of the kids).

My bench seat looks like crap...it's next on the list to get re - upholstered.

Last edited:

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
If "cup" is a euphemism for "beer can", here is what I designed and developed:

Buy a fresh roll of 2 inch duct tape. In the area just behind the transfer case gear selector, wipe the dirt and dust off the flooring that covers the transmission tunnel. Place the roll of duct tape - with one of the sides facing down - firmly on the tunnel. Push down hard on the other side of the roll and start driving around (helps to blast the heat - you get a better bond to the flooring). Within a day that duct tape will be a permanent fixture in your truck. Drop your beer into the center hole of the duct tape roll and you're good to go - lasts years. And, as a bonus, you will always have a good supply of duct tape right there next to you.

Feel free to claim this idea as your own.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
If "cup" is a euphemism for "beer can", here is what I designed and developed:

Buy a fresh roll of 2 inch duct tape. In the area just behind the transfer case gear selector, wipe the dirt and dust off the flooring that covers the transmission tunnel. Place the roll of duct tape - with one of the sides facing down - firmly on the tunnel. Push down hard on the other side of the roll and start driving around (helps to blast the heat - you get a better bond to the flooring). Within a day that duct tape will be a permanent fixture in your truck. Drop your beer into the center hole of the duct tape roll and you're good to go - lasts years. And, as a bonus, you will always have a good supply of duct tape right there next to you.

Feel free to claim this idea as your own.

I did that in my 79 GMC back in the 90's, worked great. Except I had it more towards the front of the seat and it never tipped over. If I went off road it got set on the floor.

mistaake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Crown Vic
Engine Size
Decided to add some brushed aluminum to accent the top of the cup holder/console. I also attached the console to the trans hump with metal angle brackets and some self tapping screws. Makes more sense in my situation to attach it there rather than on the seat since I have a center seat belt and a small passenger (one of the kids).

My bench seat looks like crap...it's next on the list to get re - upholstered.

Nice job!

Something like that would be perfect and not too hard to make, but I'm in the process of selling my truck, so I won't be able to enjoy it :'( Maybe in the future I'll have the time and money for a square body. I'll miss it.

T Anderson

Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I built one that sits on the hump as well. But mine has a spot for one cup. And five toggle switches. It's pretty small because its a manual 4x4.

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
Here is mine. Had this for 15 years now.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 229

CamoChevyK10

Reaction score
First Name
Cole
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
5.7 350
I built one in welding class back in high school. It was a single cup holder that slid in the ash tray slot. Its nothing fancy but it held any cup or soda bottle. Best part is that it was free. Lol

jmbcary44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Truck Year
Truck Model
v1500 Suburban
Engine Size
5.7L 350 SBC
I have seen the bike holder ones used and just bolted to a console or dash.

or something like this if you have a cage or bar of any sort forgive the writing on the top left but hey it would work

Attachments

• 83ddbb589f2bebe528ccaf976e75b048.jpg
    83ddbb589f2bebe528ccaf976e75b048.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 166

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
I have seen the bike holder ones used and just bolted to a console or dash.

or something like this if you have a cage or bar of any sort forgive the writing on the top left but hey it would work

That is lovely in a manly sort of way.

jmbcary44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Truck Year
Truck Model
v1500 Suburban
Engine Size
5.7L 350 SBC
heres the bike things

Attachments

• 6691843455_dc6950f865_b.jpg
    6691843455_dc6950f865_b.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 229

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
What about mounting the cup holder in gimbals. That way - when you're making evasive maneuvers - the liquid in the cup stays level and doesn't tend to slosh out.

Or maybe if if you are married, something like this might be an option - it is commonly known as a redneck cupholder:

You must be registered for see images attach

smoothandlow84

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 TBI
:doublepuke:^^^^^ OMG.....MY EYES. ...MY EYES. ....OMG..blinded.!!!!!!!!!

cmon...was that really necessary ? This is a family oriented site.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chad112507