cs 130 alt upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrgoodwrench

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
silverado
Engine Size

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I really must say this alternator took a beating. In pretty impressed. Dang radiator cracked open on the side where the coil meets the trans cooler. If it ain't one thing it's another...ugh.

Sent from the dust in front of you!

That sucks royal ass. So you're saying the tank separated from the coil. Is it rusty? Good old brass radiator or aluminum? If it's brass, clean it up and solder the seem.

Catbox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Silverado Camper Special
Engine Size
Million year old response to a post there @HotRodPC

I was just reading this old topic and hitting the like button on it.
That must have triggered you to respond...

:buttkick:

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
That sucks royal ass. So you're saying the tank separated from the coil. Is it rusty? Good old brass radiator or aluminum? If it's brass, clean it up and solder the seem.
I probably would, but I got rid of the money pit a while back. Bought a 2014. I'll likely get a K5 down the road when I finish my skylark.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Catbox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Silverado Camper Special
Engine Size
To keep this thread relevant, I just picked up a CS130 out of a Caddy the other day to replace the bad 10SI I pulled out of the junkyard last week.

Last night I found the 10/12SI to CS130/144 adapter cable with resistor and ordered it.
So when that comes in we can start figuring out what the deal is with the truck and why it is killing alternators.

Until then we are going to be replacing all the battery cables and ground wires with home made welding wire cables that are 0 gauge.

We may also swap in the mini starter that came on the Gen 6 big block as it works like a champ and we are not totally sure how good the one in the truck is.
Its just sitting there, so why not.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84