Cruisin’ the Coast 2021

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
Hey y’all,

Haven’t been around much, or actually any, lately. I’ve been working in the crumbling remnants of our civilization. Still trying to get out of there and back to my more rural roots, at least for a while.

Jimmy’s good. After six years of wanting to, we made it to Cruisin’ the Coast this year. Turnout is about nine thousand registered cars, trucks, and motorcycles. Probably a couple or so thousand more piddling around without registering. Haven’t done anything to him in a while. Once running good, I just wanted to enjoy before the next thing broke. It’s been well over a year, maybe two, with zero issues. I’ll post some pics of the old chap’s first trip to the coast/the beach.

Y’all need to hold me accountable to sticking around here and posting consistently. The place must be falling apart without me…

You must be registered for see images attach

nvrenuf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
A friend wanted me to go to the swap meet with him today but I had to work. I’ve lived in Mobile all my life and only been once (2 years ago). Man, the cars were amazing but the traffic was horrible.

CoggedBelt75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
On my bucket list once retired. Along with Woodward & Ocean City.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
A friend wanted me to go to the swap meet with him today but I had to work. I’ve lived in Mobile all my life and only been once (2 years ago). Man, the cars were amazing but the traffic was horrible.
The traffic was/is terrible. I think they should implement a traffic control plan that caters to the cruisers because all the spectator traffic out there and on Hwy. 90 makes thing very difficult. Not to mention the people out there showing there asses because they can. I want to see Studebakers and Kaisers, not dipshits in a squatted 2003 Z71 w/ ground effects.
On my bucket list once retired. Along with Woodward & Ocean City.
Yeah, I’d like to go to those, too. I actually met an older couple from Tulsa in an ‘87 R10. It had been converted to a Corvette TPI, and I asked him how the swap went and how it runs. He had no idea what I was talking about. Apparently he had inherited the thing from a relative, and it came that way. :|

Redfish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
350/5.7
This was actually a fantastic event. They had about 9500 registered vehicles 1989 or older. Yes, traffic was sort of thick but we never got in a hurry and we were always surrounded by some really cool vehicles so it didn't matter.

I am really looking forward to the 2022 event, I rented a house close to Island View for the entire week as soon as I got back from the '21 event.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128