Cruise Control 87 Chevy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WildChevy

Reaction score
First Name
Lyndsay
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Is there a way to put cruise control on an 87 chevy pickup? I have been looking for a kit or something but haven't come up with anything. LMC has parts for it but it's all replacement for if it's already installed on the truck and doesnt have every part. Does anyone know how to do this or know where I can get the parts so I can do it?

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
5.7 Fuel injected Vortec/ 4L80E
sure you can put cruise on anything. Ive added aftermarket cruise control units on several different vehichles. But honestly an 87 chevy was available with cruise from the factory which makes it even easier. Easiest and cheapest way to do it would be find a truck that is equipped with it already and rob the parts from it. If any part is faulty after its installed it wont be that hard to diagnose it.

There are lots of people on here that are capable of helping with it even over the net we can walk you thru most any thing.

WildChevy

Reaction score
First Name
Lyndsay
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Thank you. I'll make a trip to a couple junk yards this weekend and see if I can find anything. If I can't then there's always the swap meet. I've been wanting the cruise control cause keeping the gas pedal down for long periods of time gets tiring. Plus I'm already getting a defined calf muscle just on my right leg and being a female that's not very attractive.

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
Thank you. I'll make a trip to a couple junk yards this weekend and see if I can find anything. If I can't then there's always the swap meet. I've been wanting the cruise control cause keeping the gas pedal down for long periods of time gets tiring. Plus I'm already getting a defined calf muscle just on my right leg and being a female that's not very attractive.

would you happen to have any pictures of the interior? Or atleast take one of the steering columb? Im curiouse to see if your truck already has the cruise switch on the signal lever.

WildChevy

Reaction score
First Name
Lyndsay
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
I don't have a picture handy right now. My truck is sitting at a auto center (place that provides all the tools and equipment and where I can have room to work on it) right now and they are closed until friday. If it had cruise control it would have two levers on the left hand side though right? Cause I only have one.

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
I don't have a picture handy right now. My truck is sitting at a auto center (place that provides all the tools and equipment and where I can have room to work on it) right now and they are closed until friday. If it had cruise control it would have two levers on the left hand side though right? Cause I only have one.

Two levers would be 1 for tilt steering and the other for turnsignalswitch/cruise control.

if your truck is an 87 i would be suprised if it wasnt equipped with it especially if its a silverado.

The tunr signal switch should have a push button on the end of the lever (set/coast) and a 3 position switch close to the end of it. like the picture is.
You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harley011905