OEM Cruise Control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

texasmike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
After waiting a long time for a re-manufactured servo (plastic vacuum port broken off), i finally got it installed and took it out for a test drive. I turned the multi-function switch to the on position and when I attempted to push the button in, it was already pushed in and would not come back out. Of course nothing happened so I stopped to get something to eat. When I was finished, I started the engine and it immediately went to full open throttle. I about **** and tapped the pedal, with no change, so I switched the engine off. This all happened in 2-3 seconds. I opened the hood and found the throttle closed with no apparent problem. I decided to remove the vacuum hose and plugged it with a twisted piece of paper napkin. Everything worked fine and I drove home. Does anyone know WTF might have happened? I'm just thrilled that a rod didn't go through the block.
I did notice that I had failed to turn the switch to the off position. That button is probably spring loaded and is apparently collapsed. Can that be fixed or will the whole switch have to be replaced?

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
Da whole switch.
Before you pull it out, tie a string around the end of the cable so you'll have something to pull the new cable in.

texasmike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Shoot Snoots, not a good answer. I’m not about to disconnect, pull out, try to thread and reconnect all of those wires and expect everything to work again. That will have to be a project for the next loaner. Thanks.

gmbellew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
glen
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban 1500
Engine Size
the stalk isn't difficult to replace. if you can't thread the wires inside the column, worst case you run it outside the column to the bottom trim piece.

dusterdude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
gmc c15
Engine Size
Shoots is correct,tie a string/wire around the end of the wire on your current stalk,make sure its attached real good.pull your stalk out of the column and pull it out carefully and repeat the process on the new stalk.not difficult at all.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bhardiman1