Crazy square body prices.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WP29P4A

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Classic V1500
Engine Size
350 TBI
Here’s another beauty! And this is the only exterior side pic out in the add.
You must be registered for see images attach

PS, the rest of the pics aren't gross, but they look like a 40 year old truck that has had just enough spent on it to keep it running...If it had LED headlights, it would probably be $19k! LOL
"Not many of these trucks around anymore." BS, I can't go anywhere without seeing them even when I'm not looking. They are everywhere.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
"Not many of these trucks around anymore." BS, I can't go anywhere without seeing them even when I'm not looking. They are everywhere.
What's not around anymore is most of the sellers' teeth, who are trying to get 5x what they're actually worth, even with the values of them going up in recent years....
I posted here about one I found a month or 2 ago. Beautiful, legit, original, Heavy Half. It was about as nice as a 40 year old truck that isn't restored could be. I balked at $6500 and the truck had been for sale for a month. And ultimately I lost, and the seller wouldn't take $6k form me, so he probably got his $6500. That $6500 truck blew this one out of the water. Probably comparable to the "$25k" one! lol

WP29P4A

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Classic V1500
Engine Size
350 TBI
What's not around anymore is most of the sellers' teeth, who are trying to get 5x what they're actually worth, even with the values of them going up in recent years....
I posted here about one I found a month or 2 ago. Beautiful, legit, original, Heavy Half. It was about as nice as a 40 year old truck that isn't restored could be. I balked at $6500 and the truck had been for sale for a month. And ultimately I lost, and the seller wouldn't take $6k form me, so he probably got his $6500. That $6500 truck blew this one out of the water. Probably comparable to the "$25k" one! lol
You make a great point, dental implants are really expensive. That might explain some of the sky high prices, If I sell my beat to chit truck for 5 times what it's worth, I can get two new teeth so I can eat solid foods when I'm not high on meth. Must be a heck of a struggle when they get the cash for the truck and have to decide on new teeth or more zippy drugs.

Last edited:

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
Prices on crack must be through the roof in Reno.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I guess I'm the only one that sees that as a normal asking price. A running/driving, shortbed K10 that is rust free from the Southwest goes for a lot of money in the rust belt. That truck is not in the rust belt, of course, so I won't speak for the going rate out there.

ross

Reaction score
First Name
ross
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10
Engine Size
If there is a person who wants to spend 15000.00 on my truck I will gladly sell it,jus sayin

Attachments

• IMG_20211127_171023315_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20211127_171023315_HDR.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 58

ross

Reaction score
First Name
ross
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10
Engine Size
Was at Moultrie this past weekend and that price is low.those people are asking upwards of 20000.00. don't know how they determine value,but if you can find a , buyer for your high prices,sell!

Ichy62

Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Here’s another beauty! And this is the only exterior side pic out in the add.

PS, the rest of the pics aren't gross, but they look like a 40 year old truck that has had just enough spent on it to keep it running...If it had LED headlights, it would probably be $19k! LOL
April's fools

fast 99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
2 friends listed trucks on Craigslist, both sold for the asking price within a week. One was a nice 74 Ford F250 other was a 72 Chevy K20 beater wood truck with the usual rust issues. Purchasers were from the east coast. They flew to the west coast and drove them back. Haven't followed the east coast prices but they must be very high.

Fixer

Reaction score
6 months ago a friend of mine listed his truck on FB: '73, 8ft, 350, no front drive shaft/4wd not working, beat up inside and out and been parked for 10 years - $5000. We thought that was a highball crazy price. A guy showed up with $5000 2 hours later and trailered it away. This was in Parker county TX. In this part of Texas a clean K10 carries a $20k entrance fee. These are trucks that would struggle to see $10k just two years ago. I bought my '73 K5 in 2009 for $5500 and thought I got an ok deal. If it were in that same condition today it would be $30k. It's nuts and I hate it. I have been shopping for a clean burb or K20 crew for about a year now and everybody wants $20k for ok trucks, not nice, just ok. Sucks. I guess I need to restore both my K5's and sell them for $100k a piece or something....

P.S.: I just saw that this is only my second post in 12 years if that tells you anything about this topic lol...

Blmpkn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
East coast, especially the rust belt... prices can be insane. Definitely money to be made on squares, especially If your handy with bodywork.

****.. even If the square your looking at needs a new motor and trans... theres still money to be made around here.

I bought mine for 1000$, by the time I'm done ill have invested another 4k or so... and I'd probably be able to get 8k for it, from the right person. If I feel froggy enough to spend an extra 2500 on a 350 and new trans I'm sure I'd be able to get 10k+.

potent rodent

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
butch
Truck Year
86 and 78
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 and 305
u think thats crazy u should see the prices on the ol a body chevelles 8 grand for nothing but a body with holes in the floor boards big enough to throw a tom cat through

mtnmankev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
1984, 1983
Truck Model
K10, C20
Engine Size
383 Stroker, 350
If I didn't depend on this truck to get me out and in when the roads are too muddy, I might consider accepting an offer of 10K cash.
383 stroker runs good, drives real nicely with tight steering and front end, limited slip in front axle, new tires, upgraded the T case from a 208 to a 241.
Body has a little surface rust.
( I hear you kids snickering out there).

fast 99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Having one worth a ton is nice, especially if it was inexpensive when purchased. The flip side is it takes some of the fun out of it. Have to be concerned where it is parked or stored, be cautious when driving and then there is the insurance cost. Also, others want them for free, they are easy to steal and re-vin. Another thing I notice is the parts trucks have dried up. The local pick and pull used to have 3-5 square bodies in their yard at any one time. Now they are going to the full-service yard and getting much more for parts.

Last edited:

mtnmankev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
1984, 1983
Truck Model
K10, C20
Engine Size
383 Stroker, 350
Having one worth a ton is nice, especially if it was inexpensive when purchased. The flip side is it takes some of the fun out of it. Have to be concerned where it is parked or stored, be cautious when driving and then there is the insurance cost. Also, others want them for free, they are easy to steal and re-vin.
One of the best things about driving an ugly old truck is nobody will mess with it, they figure it doesn't run well, and the owner doesn't care where he drives so lots of folks DO get out of his way !!!

The sad part is, I am directing the executor of my will ( a VERY loyal and dedicated friend ) to send both of my squares to the crusher upon my demise.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
90sBurb