Craziest antitheft idea yet.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hunter79764

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V20
Engine Size
Similar "Not sure I should admire this, but it was admirable in a way"... My grandfather was a big guy, 6'7", over 350lb (never knew how much over, but the scale at the doctor only went to 350) and was an oilfield roughneck. One his guys quit mid-shift, left the crew in the field with no car, no lunch, no water, and doing the work of 5 guys with only 4 men. When he got back, he paid the guy a visit, words were said, grandpa punched him hard enough he "fell over and took out 2 walls on his way down". After he picked him up by his belt to get the keys from his pocket (had to get the water cooler, it was company property), he returned the keys at high velocity near the guy's face.

Grandpa was arrested a day later for attempted murder. Quick trial, the judge told the other guy he was an idiot for starting a fight by quitting like that, and an idiot for going for Attempted Murder. If he had chosen any lesser charge, it would have been a slam dunk, "but if that fella wanted to kill you with his bare hands, he'd have done it, there wouldn't be no 'attempted' to it".

I only heard that story about him 15 years after he passed, never would have suspected anything like that as a kid. He was just the friendly giant type to me.

Sorry, sidetracked... back to anti-theft...

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
Similar "Not sure I should admire this, but it was admirable in a way"... My grandfather was a big guy, 6'7", over 350lb (never knew how much over, but the scale at the doctor only went to 350) and was an oilfield roughneck. One his guys quit mid-shift, left the crew in the field with no car, no lunch, no water, and doing the work of 5 guys with only 4 men. When he got back, he paid the guy a visit, words were said, grandpa punched him hard enough he "fell over and took out 2 walls on his way down". After he picked him up by his belt to get the keys from his pocket (had to get the water cooler, it was company property), he returned the keys at high velocity near the guy's face.

Grandpa was arrested a day later for attempted murder. Quick trial, the judge told the other guy he was an idiot for starting a fight by quitting like that, and an idiot for going for Attempted Murder. If he had chosen any lesser charge, it would have been a slam dunk, "but if that fella wanted to kill you with his bare hands, he'd have done it, there wouldn't be no 'attempted' to it".

I only heard that story about him 15 years after he passed, never would have suspected anything like that as a kid. He was just the friendly giant type to me.

Sorry, sidetracked... back to anti-theft...
Giant, being the key word...

Hunter79764

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V20
Engine Size
Giant, being the key word...
Yep, he could easily palm a basketball and carry oilfield drill bits by hand that most needed a forklift to move, and introduced himself to my dad (coming to get mom for their first date) by splitting the back seams on a pair of gloves when he made a fist before shaking his hand.
Dad found out years later that anytime he bought a new pair of gloves, he would put them on, split the seams, and grandma would stitch in a filler panel on the back before he ever wore them for working. Meaning grandpa got a new pair of gloves out, put them on while they were too small, and waited for his daughter's new boyfriend to come over before splitting them open and pretending it was unintentional...

Last story, at his funeral, his pastor of 40 years, every bit your typical southern baptist preacher, started the service with "I remember the first time he walked through those doors. I thought to myself, 'I sure hope that man is already saved. Because I don't want to be the one who tells him he is going to hell, and I don't think I can baptize him either'."

By the way, grandma was about 4'10" and 90 lbs the day after Thanksgiving. He bought a brand new square body, I think it's a 76, still at my parent's house. I'll try to get to it at some point. 350/350, long bed half ton. I think he put glasspacks on it the day he drove it home from the dealership. I can still hear that truck in my mind, as clear as day.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satansdad