Craziest antitheft idea yet.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

74Blaze

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gerald
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5/Blazer
Engine Size
I don't think the average person would know how to drive this... Since it has an un-modified NP203 Transfer Case and Lock-out Hubs, when I park it in an area that is iffy I unlock one of the front hubs. It won't drive anywhere until they figure that one out.
You must be registered for see images attach

RamblinGMC

Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Truck Year
Truck Model
c2500
Engine Size
When I was a kid and traveled with my Grandpa, he would leave the windows down, $100 dollar bill on the dash and Blackie his Doberman in the cab. Made many trips across the US in his 82 GMC, which is now mine. No one ever bothered the truck. He cracked me up doing this.

Octane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
My 77 k10 automatic has a np203 fulltime case and of course no locking hubs.And I only need a locking gas cap for vehicle theft.If they can't stop soon and put gas in....they can't get away.

Reaction score
First Name
No
Truck Year
No
Truck Model
No
Engine Size
No
Mine is parked right next to bedroom window when it's not in storage. I'm a very light sleeper.

I don't take it shopping. I have a shltbox for errands like that. I don't go to bars or eat out. I'm rarely if ever out of direct line of sight of my Suburban when away from my home.

If they wanna take their chances stealing anything of mine they better make it quick.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Mine is parked right next to bedroom window when it's not in storage. I'm a very light sleeper.

I don't take it shopping. I have a shltbox for errands like that. I don't go to bars or eat out. I'm rarely if ever out of direct line of sight of my Suburban when away from my home.

If they wanna take their chances stealing anything of mine they better make it quick.

Seeing your gun and holster pic,just reminded me of something funny. My cousin Gary is big,strong and not afraid of a fight even if someone has a weapon (knife) he turned a man's own knife on him and stabbed him once. But what was funny Gary was waiting in line to pay for his lunch and this guy comes in with a pistol waiving it around, this a robbery,Gary grabbed his gun turned the man's wrist took his gun put it in his pocket,paid for his lunch and left. Belly full and with a new free gun.

Reaction score
First Name
No
Truck Year
No
Truck Model
No
Engine Size
No
Seeing your gun and holster pic,just reminded me of something funny. My cousin Gary is big,strong and not afraid of a fight even if someone has a weapon (knife) he turned a man's own knife on him and stabbed him once. But what was funny Gary was waiting in line to pay for his lunch and this guy comes in with a pistol waiving it around, this a robbery,Gary grabbed his gun turned the man's wrist took his gun put it in his pocket,paid for his lunch and left. Belly full and with a new free gun.
Cool. Here's a couple more stories.

I had a marine squad leader and 2 of his friends gang up on me one night and the marine had a knife. I knocked his buddies both out cold and had his knife at his throat all in about 8 seconds.

An Airborne Army Ranger pulled a huge knife on my cousin and within 3 seconds the Ranger was on the ground begging me not to end his life.

I was once stabbed about an inch from my femoral artery and the next one was coming for my lungs. He ended up with a broken wrist and his head slammed in a car door before being taken to jail and eventually prison.

A man claiming to be an nth degree whatever in martial arts took a swing at me and I sent him to the hospital with several broken ribs.

A guy at a party punched me in the back of the head during a brawl so I stomped his face in so bad his eye was nearly out of the socket. He had a crushed orbital that required surgery to repair.

I saw a guy slap his gf at a party so I broke 3 of his teeth out and took his gold chain then choked him out. He was so drunk that the next weekend he came up to me and showed off his fake teeth not realizing it was me that knocked his real ones out. I was wearing the chain.

Good talk. Not sure how his situation relates but Cousin Gary sounds like a real badass. I'm getting older and kinda lazy so thieves can FAFO.

Last edited:
Reaction score
First Name
No
Truck Year
No
Truck Model
No
Engine Size
No
Drink much??
Sure did. My share many times over. Haven't had a drop in years. Doesn't change how I react to threats to me or property. It's a big world and not everyone is like you.
Y'all are acting like babies over a picture of a gun in a thread about theft. Climb down from your horses, untwist your panties and move on.

Keith Seymore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Keith Seymore
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
4.3L
Mine is parked right next to bedroom window when it's not in storage.
My house is configured such that the front attached garage is under the second floor master bedroom. It is finished out nicely, clean and dry, so I usually keep the GTO in one spot next to my wife's daily driver.

I was visiting with a friend and we were discussing our various man cave arrangements. At some point in the conversation he asked "where do you keep the GTO?".

I thought for a nanosecond and then smiled and said: "Under my bed".

K

Reaction score
First Name
No
Truck Year
No
Truck Model
No
Engine Size
No
My house is configured such that the front attached garage is under the second floor master bedroom. It is finished out nicely, clean and dry, so I usually keep the GTO in one spot next to my wife's daily driver.

I was visiting with a friend and we were discussing our various man cave arrangements. At some point in the conversation he asked "where do you keep the GTO?".

I thought for a nanosecond and then smiled and said: "Under my bed".

K
God Bless America.

Kind of surprised to get any pushback or anecdotal sarcasm about protecting my property with the 2nd amendment on a square body forum. Most people who still drive 35-60 year old Chevy trucks are the last people I'd suggest messing with. A lot of us don't play. Maybe the internet forum crowd is different than the real world crowd.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
God Bless America.

Kind of surprised to get any pushback or anecdotal sarcasm about protecting my property with the 2nd amendment on a square body forum. Most people who still drive 35-60 year old Chevy trucks are the last people I'd suggest messing with. A lot of us don't play. Maybe the internet forum crowd is different than the real world crowd.
You misread the room Damon...

Reaction score
First Name
No
Truck Year
No
Truck Model
No
Engine Size
No
You misread the room Damon...
Could be. Internet posts are not replete with inflection. I definitely took it as "that gun don't make you tough". And with that I actually agree. I certainly am not the guy in Cousin Gary's story, waving my gun around anywhere.

This thread and the ideas in it are visible to a lot of different kinds of people, and there are a lot of good ideas for theft protection that could end up being a learning tool for thieves. Just making a point about the risks people are taking when they mess with another man's property. Some people aren't afraid of jail, and even other know how how to avoid it after an incident that might have to happen.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Could be. Internet posts are not replete with inflection. I definitely took it as "that gun don't make you tough". And with that I actually agree. I certainly am not the guy in Cousin Gary's story, waving my gun around anywhere.

This thread and the ideas in it are visible to a lot of different kinds of people, and there are a lot of good ideas for theft protection that could end up being a learning tool for thieves. Just making a point about the risks people are taking when they mess with another man's property. Some people aren't afraid of jail, and even other know how how to avoid it after an incident that might have to happen.
No I wasn't saying anything about you or your gun it just made me think of Gary, I thought it was hilarious a guy comes in to rob the place and a big hillbilly takes his gun. I don't know maybe something wrong with my sense of humor. I thought Gary was cool in my teens and early 20s, but he was just crazy and dangerous.,The man he stabbed died,but ruled self defense because it was his own knife. But he shot and killed a coworker for taking his lunch,then put the body on the train tracks.That one was a prison term. But I still think it's funny the bad guys gun got taken from him.

Last edited:
Reaction score
First Name
No
Truck Year
No
Truck Model
No
Engine Size
No
No I wasn't saying anything about you or your gun it just made me think of Gary, I thought it was hilarious a guy comes in to rob the place and a big hillbilly takes his gun. I don't know maybe something wrong with my sense of humor. I thought Gary was cool in my teens and early 20s, but he was just crazy and dangerous.,The man he stabbed died,but ruled self defense because it was his own knife. But he shot and killed a coworker for taking his lunch,then put the body on the train tracks.That one was a prison term. But I still think it's funny the bad guys gun got taken from him.
Sorry to have taken your post the wrong way. As you can tell by my reply, I'm a bit of a reactionary.

Note to self: Do NOT take Cousin Gary's lunch! (My point, exactly.)

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Sorry to have taken your post the wrong way. As you can tell by my reply, I'm a bit of a reactionary.

Note to self: Do NOT take Cousin Gary's lunch! (My point, exactly.)
To be fair the guy took it twice,day 1 Gary said don't ever eff with my lunch again day 2 Terry ate Gary's lunch so Gary shot him and put his body on the railroad tracks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
85sqbod