Cool Mirror Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

87R10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
Any ideas on cool non-factory mirrors for lowered street trucks?

cramezl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Has there been a write up on installing the mirrors like the OP?

greencountry05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Skinny
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
Just found these on a site the other day, and figured that you guys would like them. They are Dodge Tow Mirrors on a Square. I'd do a one piece window with a plate over the front for them rather than a delete plate for the wing windows, but still looks pretty sick! :rockit:

You must be registered for see images
[/URL][/IMG]

I find this intriguing & revolting at the same time. Not sure if I like it or hate it lol.

TheFishBox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
v30
Engine Size
6.0 ls
Bringing this one back from the dead. I am wanting to install a set of the Chevy hd mirrors on my 87 crew cab. Did anyone find the write up on how the guy did it with using the original mount at the beginning. I was thinking I would just put them in the place the old mirrors were and then shim them out so they are level. Would they be to low then?

Crispy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
If i were to do it, I would remove the vent window then bolt the mirrors to whatever material used in that location. I think they would have better function a little higher.

You must be registered for see images attach

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
If i were to do it, I would remove the vent window then bolt the mirrors to whatever material used in that location. I think they would have better function a little higher.

You must be registered for see images attach
That thing needs set on fire..... is the 3rd step to hang a purse when filling up?

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Bringing this one back from the dead. I am wanting to install a set of the Chevy hd mirrors on my 87 crew cab. Did anyone find the write up on how the guy did it with using the original mount at the beginning. I was thinking I would just put them in the place the old mirrors were and then shim them out so they are level. Would they be to low then?
Talk to @87silveradok20 he did it on his

87silveradok20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Levi
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado k20
Engine Size
That thing needs set on fire..... is the 3rd step to hang a purse when filling up?
Idk if you have ever seen his write up on how he built that thing but he took the time to it right. I don't agree with everything he did but he did a heck of a job on it.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Idk if you have ever seen his write up on how he built that thing but he took the time to it right. I don't agree with everything he did but he did a heck of a job on it.
Nope I just think the whole thing is hideous too much white

87silveradok20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Levi
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado k20
Engine Size
Nope I just think the whole thing is hideous too much white
I agree with that but even if its all white, Its still a twin turbo 12v swapped squarebody crew cab:)

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I agree with that but even if its all white, Its still a twin turbo 12v swapped squarebody crew cab:)
Yes but to me it just overshadows the badass power plant it’s just my opinion white on something that big just takes so much away from the classic lines pretty much erases them

87silveradok20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Levi
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado k20
Engine Size
Yes but to me it just overshadows the badass power plant it’s just my opinion white on something that big just takes so much away from the classic lines pretty much erases them
Thats true. What this truck needs is a classic two tone paint job.

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
White is nice when there is chrome to go around. For me the plastic fender flares and all that crap (white yet) hanging underneath and the mirrors just makes me vomit a little bit in my mouth.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84