Cool Mirror Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crispy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
The work put into that truck, and power plant are amazing. I read his build thread on another site and am a fan of a lot of things, the mirror being one of them. Way too much white though.

@87silveradok20 What did you use in place of the vent window? What thickness? Did you use Furd mirrors or GM? Did you have to fab up any additional bracing for the mirrors or just bolt them through vent window material?

87silveradok20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Levi
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado k20
Engine Size
The work put into that truck, and power plant are amazing. I read his build thread on another site and am a fan of a lot of things, the mirror being one of them. Way too much white though.

@87silveradok20 What did you use in place of the vent window? What thickness? Did you use Furd mirrors or GM? Did you have to fab up any additional bracing for the mirrors or just bolt them through vent window material?
I actually had my body guy do it but he put some like 1/8 inch steel in there and used panel bonder to hold it in. (We took out the entire window). I used mirrors designed for a 2003-2006 Chevy truck. We didn’t put any additional bracing and they seem plenty sturdy. I have mine wired so that all of the power, heat, and turn signal functions work. I’ll grab some pictures when I go back out to the garage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crispy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
I actually had my body guy do it but he put some like 1/8 inch steel in there and used panel bonder to hold it in. (We took out the entire window). I used mirrors designed for a 2003-2006 Chevy truck. We didn’t put any additional bracing and they seem plenty sturdy. I have mine wired so that all of the power, heat, and turn signal functions work. I’ll grab some pictures when I go back out to the garage.

Nice, I was thinking sheet steel also. So he used panel bonder inside the old vent window chanel? Im glad to hear the mirrors bolted up OK. I was thinking the mount would be a little concave and not be fully flush with the steel.

I'd love to see pics when you get around to it. Thanks.

TheFishBox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
v30
Engine Size
6.0 ls
X2 I would like to see pictures

87silveradok20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Levi
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado k20
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach

Crispy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
Those look like 2015+ mirrors, are they aftermarket with 02-06 base?

rpcraft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
LS 6.0 364 CID
Seeing that build again reminds me of how Chevy has been trying to retro the front grill and I realize it matches that 90 - 91 front grill that the blazers, crewcabs, and burbs had just about more than any years...

Crispy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
Seeing that build again reminds me of how Chevy has been trying to retro the front grill and I realize it matches that 90 - 91 front grill that the blazers, crewcabs, and burbs had just about more than any years...

You mean the current HD trucks? I love those front ends. Chromed and color matched. I think they will age well.

rpcraft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
LS 6.0 364 CID
I like them but I'm grown up enough to admit it's not pretty, but for some reason that doesn't seem to matter to me, lol...

87silveradok20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Levi
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado k20
Engine Size
Those look like 2015+ mirrors, are they aftermarket with 02-06 base?
yep they are, they even came with the plugs for the 03-06 truck but i cut it off and hard wired them

trukman1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
5.7 L (350)
When I had my '77 K20 I could open the vent windows and the back slider and get lots of airflow without sucking debris in from the bed while hauling firewood home. Really liked that on a non-A/C truck! (Plus, didn't have to sweep the bed before going back for the next load.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dougli1