Complete stereo questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aGood'olBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremiah
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Just wanted to bump some ideas off you guys. Currently my truck has no audio equipment at all. One of the speakers in the cab corners worked, but I took those out because they were worse than garbage. I'm figuring on putting in a compete system once I get my tax return, so I had a couple questions on which route I should go.
First question is do I have a speaker in the dash? Didn't hear one when the other two speakers were in.
Second question, where else could I mount speakers other than the cab corners?
Third, how many speakers would I need for a single cab truck, would the two speakers still sound good?
Fourth, would two mid range speakers, two tweeters, and a single sub make a good system?
Fifth, as far as subwoofers go should I get a shallow sub and mount it behind the seat or a tube woofer and put it under the seat, or maybe under the dash?
Sixth is it better to get a subwoofer with a built in amp or a separate amplifier.
Seventh, will I need an amp for the tweeters if I go that route?
Any input is appreciated, feel free to bounce ideas around as long as they're kinda almost relevant.

Driver4r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10,c20
Engine Size
355/th350/np203, 454/th350/ff-rear
Ok, your truck even tho it might have been optioned without them, theres still holes in the dash to put speakers.

You can get 6x9 Speaker mounts for the corners or you can make your own, i made mine out of wood.

2-6x9's, 2-3.5"s, 2-Tweets on the pillars, and a shallow mount behind the seat would sound ideal for any person.

For the tweets youll need a way to divide frequencys, tweets you only want to feed the highs where as mids you want your middle frequencys and your sub your lows, you can by Crossovers to divide up the signals, or radioshack used to sell similure setups(thats how older home speaker stacks worked, input from the reciver would go to a circuit board and then split off to the speakers.)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
87R10_Cruising