Complete a/c rebuild question or two

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
If you are doing a new (clean system) check out "DEXCOOL" it is a propane family refrigerant I installed it two summers ago and it still blows COLD. this is in a 1978 c15 that has all original components sans new condenser coil that caught a stone from the road. the A6 compressor is a touch loud however with the dexcool the load on the compressor is about 2/3 what is was with r-12 installed.

Olnick

You have a link? Dexcool, also known as Dexkill, is the infamous, orange propylene glycol coolant that many people despise because of its purported degradation of seals and sludging up of coolant passages. It’s also grossly incompatible with ethylene glycol.

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
If you are doing a new (clean system) check out "DEXCOOL" it is a propane family refrigerant I installed it two summers ago and it still blows COLD. this is in a 1978 c15 that has all original components sans new condenser coil that caught a stone from the road. the A6 compressor is a touch loud however with the dexcool the load on the compressor is about 2/3 what is was with r-12 installed.

Olnick

AKA. Propane Bomb!

tomtom1954

Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scotsdale
Engine Size
I would go with the complete Vintage Air Kit. Pretty much direct fit for chevy trucks. I have one on my Buick GS, that one was not direct fit, but it works great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rumpity_z28