Clocking steering wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matt69olds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC 1/2 ton
Engine Size
455 Olds
There is a flare spot on the steering wheel shaft, it’s missing about 3 splines, same thing with the steering wheel. You can force the wheel on, but it’s pretty idiot proof. Same thing with the steering box, there is a flat spot the lock bolt sits on, to can install the bolt unless it’s clovked correctly. The rag joint is also idiot proof. I’m guessing like someone mentioned earlier, you just have several tolerances stacking up, or you don’t have the wheels straight. They may look straight, but a couple degrees or turning radios may show up as pretty big offset in the steering wheel position. Look things over, if you don’t see anything obvious, drive it, and then get it to an alignment shop

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
I’ve been making adjustments to the drag link. Took several tries because I kept overshooting my adjustments. Hard to get it just right in the gravel, but it’s pretty close now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
87POPS