Chevy Replacement Grill with 350 emblem option

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1980_C10_STEPSIDE

Reaction score
First Name
Salvador
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Hi Everyone,

I was searching to see if anyone has been able to find a new Chevy Replacement Grill with the 350 emblem option.
So, while cleaning my truck and emptying the ash tray, I was amazed to find the original 350 emblem, it seems that when the previous owner replaced the grill, he kept the original emblem and forgot about it. It was covered with lots of cigarette butts and ashes. But overall it’s in great shape.

I’ve always like the look of the original grills, and finding the emblem made me want to replace the grill back to the original look. However, all the replacements I have found do not seem to provide an option where you can place the emblem. Any thoughts??

Shorty81

Baby Boomer
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Hi Everyone,

I was searching to see if anyone has been able to find a new Chevy Replacement Grill with the 350 emblem option.
So, while cleaning my truck and emptying the ash tray, I was amazed to find the original 350 emblem, it seems that when the previous owner replaced the grill, he kept the original emblem and forgot about it. It was covered with lots of cigarette butts and ashes. But overall it’s in great shape.

I’ve always like the look of the original grills, and finding the emblem made me want to replace the grill back to the original look. However, all the replacements I have found do not seem to provide an option where you can place the emblem. Any thoughts??
If I remember correctly, 73-74 was the only years with the emblem on the grill.

1980_C10_STEPSIDE

Reaction score
First Name
Salvador
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Oh that’s interesting, I didn’t think about when they stopped having the 350 emblem.
I really like how the emblem looks on the grill, but if that’s the case, and the 80s models didn’t have it, I rather not put it on, and just keep it as a nice display in my garage.

Thanks fellas!

HotWheelsBurban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Carol
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size
Oh that’s interesting, I didn’t think about when they stopped having the 350 emblem.
I really like how the emblem looks on the grill, but if that’s the case, and the 80s models didn’t have it, I rather not put it on, and just keep it as a nice display in my garage.

Thanks fellas!
I'm thinking it was '77 or '78 when the engine emblem stopped. I know our '79 Burb didn't have one, but I think the '75 and '77 GMC Burbs did. The '78 Sierra shop truck may have had one, but it only had the stock grille in it for a few months ( when we first had it). Still had come out with their aluminum bar grille then and Dad put one in that truck. The bars were clear anodized, with a brushed finish. They were pointed on the front edge, but otherwise they were a box shape. Had a slot in the back, and vertical flat stock bars that the aluminum bars were bolted to (slots are for the bolt heads). Never seen too many of that style; IIRC they were a bit more expensive than the chrome tube/bar grilles.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
'75 and '76 grilles also had the engine emblems, but it was a different style than the '73-74 emblem.

The emblems were designed to be used on a standard grille, as the base engine options did not get a displacement call out. The emblems have a backing bracket and simply clamp to the grille bars.

Also, the emblems can be used on later grilles too, sometimes with no modifications. I have a '73-'74 454 emblem on the '78 grille on my stepside truck.

1980_C10_STEPSIDE

Reaction score
First Name
Salvador
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
My 74 still had a good 350 emblem. The Chevy not so good. Filled in w/ diamond plate.
You must be registered for see images attach
Nice! That’s what I have in mind.
I am still debating if I’m going to put the 350 emblem that I have, since mine is from 80. But I didn’t want to put things that didn’t belong.

I guess I will figure it out once I have the stock grill replacement on hand.

I noticed my neighbor has a K10 with the 400 emblem. I think this is a 77.

Attachments

• IMG_5853.jpeg
    IMG_5853.jpeg
    236.5 KB · Views: 29

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I am still debating if I’m going to put the 350 emblem that I have, since mine is from 80. But I didn’t want to put things that didn’t belong.

Your neighbor's truck is either a '75 or '76 model, or it has the grille from one.

Shorty81

Baby Boomer
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size

JMO, I think that emblem would look great in your 80 grill.

mtbadbob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
Your neighbor's truck is either a '75 or '76 model, or it has the grille from one.
That surround is 1979 only. The only year for round eyes with the signals incorporated into the surround.
Also, my uncle had a '77 K20 w/400, and he bought it new that way. I believe that 1977 could have been the last year of the engine displacement in the grille. I don't recall seeing them in '78, and I know the '79's never had them.

1980_C10_STEPSIDE

Reaction score
First Name
Salvador
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Wow, you guys amazed me… you really know your stuff.
Yeah, my neighbor told me that the previous owner replaced the grill, so that’s it’s not the original.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
85sqbod