Cause of high engine rev? (auto trans)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
The guy obviously has it hooked up somehow, or just pulled out and tied off. Better to be a bit to tight since that will rasie the fluid pressure and keep from slipping the clutches. It's still not ideal, but a much less chance of burning it up if it's to tight, than to loose or not hooked up at all. Just don't be doing any hotrodding, if you detect any slippage at all, STOP, don't let it slip. It is that critical, and it's no joke. Get this fixed ASAP.

That adpater MO pointed will be needed. The cheapest one I've ever found was at SummitRacing.com and it's the Summit generic brand for about $22 which is cheaper than $35-$40 that the other brands are and it does the exact same thing. This part is important to have the correct geometry for the TV cable hookup to match up with the throttle linkage. I was thinking you were TBI. I'm helping 2 guys right now with Th400 transmission and getting the 2 confused. Now this one has turned to a 700r4, and I'm almost certain that other is too since that must be the one that is TBI. I'm pretty sure I asked Hutch in his other thread if he was certain this was a Th400 cuz I didn't think it was, and if someone went through the trouble to convert to a Th400 with transfer case swap, adapter swap, and then driveshaft swaps, someone spent a ton of cash for a swap which isn't feasible. I'm not surprised this one turned out to be a 700r4. If anything it MIGHT have been a Th350, but I didn't think it was a Th400 now that I recall posting on his other thread.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Heck now Im confused lol