1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carpet vs vinyl

Discussion in 'Interior' started by bigcountry78, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Holl

Holl Junior Member

First Name:
    Rich
    Truck Year:
    Truck Model:
    suburban
    Engine Size:
    I have put 2 sets of the vinyl floormats in suburbans...They didnt fit as well as the set I put into a older pickup...

2. jake wells

jake wells Can i be me?

First Name:
    jake
    Truck Year:
    Truck Model:
    custom deluxe 10
    Engine Size:
    vinyl floor and cloth seat is what i prefer since vinyl seats and hot summer days suck specially having a non ac model.

3. Raider L

Raider L Full Access Member

First Name:
    William
    Truck Year:
    Truck Model:
    C10
    Engine Size:
    @45tt,

"resturant grade"? Oooo, I like the sound of that. Is it tougher than auto grade I guess it would be called, like some of this stuff you find at Auto Zone...cheap.

@Grit dog,

When I rebuilt my truck I opted for cloth seats because I had vinyl in it for many years and got tired of it. It had carpet in it when I bought it but it could have been put in there before I bought it. So, when we were deciding on the floor we decided to pick the carpet from the '95 new year Chevy trucks and the cloth seats from the new year Chevy trucks both matching colors, in saddle tan. It was sooooo nice especially on cold mornings. It just warmed right up. And yeah, we put in the insulation like they do the custom cars and trucks. I had a friend of mine who was the upholsterer at the airline we worked at so I knew his work. He had his own business doing private jets, airplanes and yachts. He did the whole interior except for the headliner. I didn't want that, Chevy trucks are double panel roofs. I don't know about others but my trucks not hot from the roof. I don't have A/C either.

4. Raider L

Raider L Full Access Member

First Name:
    William
    Truck Year:
    Truck Model:
    C10
    Engine Size:
  5. WebMonkey

WebMonkey Full Access Member

First Name:
    Chris
    Truck Year:
    Truck Model:
    K20
    Engine Size:
    :) !!

yeah, i'm a mess.

people be runnin' around in shorts and i've got insulated coveralls on griping about how cold it is.