Can you de smog a motor with a stock carb?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Intake manifold
NO.

Your PCV needs to be connected to your Carburetor. Did you see your vac diagram? Your pCV needs to hook to the proper port on the carb and then your other valve cover should have a tube to your air cleaner for a breather which you can substitute for a breather cap if you needed to(but you have air cleaner)

chevyfs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
ray
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy C10 Rwd P/U
Engine Size
4.3liter V6
NO.

Your PCV needs to be connected to your Carburetor. Did you see your vac diagram? Your pCV needs to hook to the proper port on the carb and then your other valve cover should have a tube to your air cleaner for a breather which you can substitute for a breather cap if you needed to(but you have air cleaner)
Theres a port for it in the intake manifold i dont know what would have originally gone their then. But wouldnt it being hooked up to my intake achieve the same goal as it being hooked up to the carb??

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Theres a port for it in the intake manifold i dont know what would have originally gone their then. But wouldnt it being hooked up to my intake achieve the same goal as it being hooked up to the carb??
no.
"As long as you have tapped into the upper carburetor plenum (where all runners draw from a common source) instead of tapping into an individual runner, you will be OK. This will allow even distribution of any drawn fumes between the cylinders."
your intake source according to your diagram makes me think its on the outer edges of the manifold. Can you please send a PICTURE of your carb? you sent a video but a straight on shot of everything going on would help a lot. Air cleaner off.

chevyfs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
ray
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy C10 Rwd P/U
Engine Size
4.3liter V6
Sorry it does run to my carb its just connected at the very bottom of the carb

Latest posts