C10 250ci 6cyl carburetor ID

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Selo

Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Working to get my 1984 C10 3 on the tree manual back to reliable daily driver. FYI just had my steering column professionally rebuilt. Installed it with rebuilt gear box, new ps lines and new intermediate shaft. All good.

The truck starts easily. The issue is when I start off or when I accelerate. Serious loss of power. I have to feather and slip the clutch while reving the engine to get it going, particularly on an up-slope. At low highway speeds if I accelerate it wants to bog. I am a complete Dumb a__ when it comes to carbs.

My first plan is to replace all vacuum hoses. The engine is bone stock so I plan to keep it that way for now. It has been suggested I look at the accelerator pump in the carb. Of course I don't know how to do that but will figure it out.

I would appreciate any other suggestions and would like to know exactly what carb this is.

Thank you for your help.

Selo

You must be registered for see images attach

Selo

Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Thanks, I figured it out

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
So what model is it? There's not many of them around anymore.

I also think you are on the right track with the accelerator pump. Possibly a vacuum leak too.

Selo

Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Hi Bucket,

Thank you for your reply. It is a Rochester Model 2SE Varajet 2 barrel. I have made a start on the vacuum lines. It seems to have helped the acceleration stumble some. I did not imagine how unattainable the vacuum diagram was until I tried to find it online and in the service manual. Of course it is right there beside my radiator! What a dumbazz! I really did not need it since my lines were cracked etc, but essentially all there as a guide. I will next check the EGR but probably just replace it.

I will also probably buy a rebuilt carb instead of trying to rebuild the one I have.

Throwing in a picture of my rebuilt shift mechanism and attached Borgeson universal joint intermediate shaft. Beautiful ain't it!

Thanks again,

John