C10 1985 305 stalled and now won't start and choke won't come on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Luisd02

Reaction score
First Name
Luis
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
305 v8
I need help to start my truck again,I was driving with my brother to the park but once I started going up hill it started to sputter like if it wasn't getting any gas then it died.
I walked to get my other truck so I could pull it and when I got back I tried to start it but only stayed on for a couple seconds then died and the battery was smoking a bit after that so I just disconnected it.When I brought it home I saw that the choke light wasn't coming on anymore like it used to can i t have something to do with that?

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
The choke light not coming on isn't what's keeping your truck from starting. However, the choke light not coming on is likely an effect of whatever is causing your truck not to start.

Your smoking battery is your "smoking gun" so to speak. It's time to start checking powers and grounds, looking for shorts and checking fuses and fusible links.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
83elcowes