Bvllsh!t on craigslist.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
No need for violence and grabbing her by the neck. Just bring the thing hime when you find the thing you want. Gaurenteed, she'll be a bit more enthusiastic about getting to the driveway than she was getting to your phone to see a pic.

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
$3k tops.

Bent bumper
dent in front fender
pass. door looks like it's ready to fall off
grille has been replaced

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
I said "Nice K5!" not "Nice K5 and I'm buying it right now for full asking price cuz I have a hard on" :shrug:

:lol:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
$3k tops.

Bent bumper
dent in front fender
pass. door looks like it's ready to fall off
grille has been replaced

And I think that's being generous cuz someone might want it real bad.

I said "Nice K5!" not "Nice K5 and I'm buying it right now for full asking price cuz I have a hard on" :shrug:

:lol:

Just checkin' you didn't mention Nice but asking more than double what it's worth.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
http://austin.craigslist.org/pts/3987039845.html

Can't say I've ever seen a Tahoe with a T400...

I'd be running so fast from that thief on that deal, I'd lose my shoes. :flipthebird:

NO, it didn't come out of a Tahoe. And NO, it worked good that's why we pulled it. :rofl: Hey my Th350/NP208 is working so good in my truck, I think I'm going to pull and it sell it on CL !!! ******** !!!

OK, so here's what burns me up about that deal, you can tell the ****** cleaned it off at a car wash or cleaned it with some Purple Power and spray painted it silver. Look at the pan gasket, look at the Brass fittings for the cooling lines. Then see the pump and interior of the bell housing. That's what the whole trans looked like.

Last year, I built a Th400 for a guy. He bought a good used WORKING transmission for $300. He wanted it rebuilt anyway for this street/strip truck.
I noticed the trans had been painted silver, and thought it was really funny, the painted over the grease and all. Who does that??? Someone who has something to hide !!! But, WTH could someone be hiding by painting it silver and over the top of the grease and all. The guy left the trans and went on his way. Had it up on the bench. Went to go lift it by the ear of the bell housing, and I barely even had pressure on it yet, and the damn ear and part of the bell housing came off in my damn hand, so now I'm holding a chunk of transmission. And how do I know it was done on purpose? Becaue the ******* had used clear carton packing tape, set the broke piece in place, cleaned just enough for the tape surface, put the tape on, then hit it with several coats of silver paint over the tape so it blended with all the grease on the case. The dude spent $300 on a trash case. Or it could have been heliarced but how much would that have been? Still a good case for someone has the maching tools to take off the bellhousing and make an SFI drag race bolt on bellhousing case.

Moral is, if they painted it for some reason, 99% of the time, there is some kind of deception and I'd say that's the case on this here CL ad too. JMO :shrug:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
12turnda