Burnouts with a NP203 full time 4wd?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Octane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I like how theres some here that just aint got the guts to to push the skinny and deal with the consequences

Like @82sbshortbed said, its a big block, put that mf to the floor

pretty bad when the 67 year old man will do burnouts, not to mention im sure idahovette will too, and we all know joe has in his blown c10....

Excuses :321:
Heck yeah,deal with the results...at 62 yo I'll let 'er rip...or rip out!

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
Heck yeah,deal with the results...at 62 yo I'll let 'er rip...or rip out!

Idc what blows up, if something dies, it lets me know the weak point..

Just yesterday i was romping around in my s10 trail truck in prep for the forest trail riding at uwharrie national park this weekend.

I smash the gas , tires spin, pedal gets stuck under the floor mat, i throw her in what i thought was neutral.... which was actually reverse, tires lock down and spin backwards .
I said to myself eyyyyyyyyy, that job i did on that 4L60e isnt so bad after all.

Thats on cut and grooved 39.5x15x16 boggers.

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Idc what blows up, if something dies, it lets me know the weak point..

Just yesterday i was romping around in my s10 trail truck in prep for the forest trail riding at uwharrie national park this weekend.

I smash the gas , tires spin, pedal gets stuck under the floor mat, i throw her in what i thought was neutral.... which was actually reverse, tires lock down and spin backwards .
I said to myself eyyyyyyyyy, that job i did on that 4L60e isnt so bad after all.

Thats on cut and grooved 39.5x15x16 boggers.

I'm more impressed you have boggers behind a 4.3. lol

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 502
I'm more impressed you have boggers behind a 4.3. lol

With the gmt400 np241 i swapped, and the 4.10s, accompanied by the low 1st gear of the 4L60e, it dont do too bad.

I estimated roughly 230-250 hp on the 4.3 when it rode on the roads based off of compression, bore, and chip programming. Its not a screaming eagle, but its got decent low end torque

Its a vortec 4.3, but prior to coil packs... uses a dizzy, and CMFI

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
:lol:

That's gay. This country's had a good run but, I'm afraid we are going down a slippery slope that we won't come back from.

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 502
Hey, be careful, lol.
I got sent home from work for a week last year for callin a guy a *****!
He was, but....
:lol:

That's gay. This country's had a good run but, I'm afraid we are going down a slippery slope that we won't come back from.

When i know we've finally reached rock bottom is when weld shops and machine shops start sending you home for saying "mean words"

Octane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Our maintenance shop had to take down a poster of a Miss Makita or something like that,per our h.r. dept that just happened to stick her nose in the door.I bet if a poster of two tranny **** were on the wall she wouldn't have minded.

74Blaze

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gerald
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5/Blazer
Engine Size
I am new to the forum and don't have privileges to post a new thread, so I'm asking my questions a reply to this thread.

I've owned my '74 K5 since 2007. It had an NP203 with the conversion kit when I bought it. The transfer case took a dump earlier this year. I replaced it with a used non-converted (still full-time) case. When I drive it at slow speeds it feels kind of like a part-time case in 4WD. That is, I feel it grab a bit when turning (a little jerky). Is this normal for a non-converted NP203?

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
I am new to the forum and don't have privileges to post a new thread, so I'm asking my questions a reply to this thread.

I've owned my '74 K5 since 2007. It had an NP203 with the conversion kit when I bought it. The transfer case took a dump earlier this year. I replaced it with a used non-converted (still full-time) case. When I drive it at slow speeds it feels kind of like a part-time case in 4WD. That is, I feel it grab a bit when turning (a little jerky). Is this normal for a non-converted NP203?
No. It should be very smooth for doing tight turns. Are you sure you are not in the 4 HI LOC position?

If your transfer case lever is all the way forward (LO LOC) or all the way back towards the seats that is HI LOC. In those positions the transfer case is locking the front and rear drivelines together (just like a part-time case). Move the transfer case one click forward and it is just in HI. This unlocks the transfer case and allows for different driveline speeds front vs rear.

In case you don't know the shift pattern:

LO LOC
LO
Neutral
HI
HI LOC

Have you tried any burnouts? :hahano:

74Blaze

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gerald
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5/Blazer
Engine Size
Are you sure you are not in the 4 HI LOC position?

Yes, I still have the locking hubs. So to check that, I turned them to the unlock position and put it in gear. The Blazer wouldn't move as expected.

If your transfer case lever is all the way forward (LO LOC) or all the way back towards the seats that is HI LOC.

I don't have the original shifter. I had J&B build me a custom twin-stick cable shifter. It has very positive shift positions.

Have you tried any burnouts?

Not yet. Still feeling old girl out after the major work to replace/fix the damage when the old transfer case blew.

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
Sounds like the transfer case is working then if it doesn't move when the hubs are unlocked.

So do you feel it "grabbing" thru the steering wheel? Or? And this is at parking lot speeds?

74Blaze

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gerald
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5/Blazer
Engine Size
So do you feel it "grabbing" thru the steering wheel? Or? And this is at parking lot speeds?

Only at parking lot speeds. At anything faster it feels fine. Not so much through the steering wheel, just feels like it binds a bit.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128