Bucket seats conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Project79'

Reaction score
First Name
Dusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Cheyenne
Engine Size
350 sbc centerbolt heads
Hey fellow square body enthusiasts, names dusty and this is my first thread. Im currently buildind a 79 K10 cheyenne and im wanting to "modernize" my interior with bucket seats and a console or a more cost efficient 60/40 seat..im on a very tight budget as i work at advance auto parts and not only that its also part time for now . Anyways im wanting to know the easiest and cheapest way to do so..its mine and my fathers project and hes dead set on cloth but if its sharp enough id do vinyl. Is there any seats that will slap right in with minimul work? I seen a guy (i think on here) but a 60/40 seat out of an 08' or so f*rd F350 king ranch..it was brown leather and absolutely freakin gorgeous..thats the style im goin for. Im wanting the most modern look with easy mounting ( im not that experienced with mocking up my own brackets just yet) and very cost efficient..please post pictures if possible..looking foward to speaking with you all! Have a blessed one guys Murica'

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
The most cost-effective front buckets aren't very modern. '89-'91 Suburban buckets and console will bolt in with some minor tweaking to the rear of the seat tracks.

Most others take extensive fab work because of the floor pan's shape.

gmachinz

Harnessworx Inc
Reaction score
First Name
Jabin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Those buckets require more than rear bracket tweaks. You need to also weld in the correct front-inner seat track mount for both sides, then drill through the floor to weld nuts on the outside of both rear inner seat bracket anchor locations and then they will bolt in. I put a set of 1990 Suburban buckets in my 86 shortbox and I did it in as much of a factory style as possible-I also swapped out the door panel inserts for the Suburban ones to finish off the look. If you plan to go cloth, make sure the door panel inserts match-I prefer a GM look even when updating and even so it still looks factory-it's not the obviously changed stuff that makes an interior great, it's the little things you see many times but never noticed that it was something that wasn't offered at the time ya know? But then again, I lean more towards the stock look anyway.

Attachments

• IMG_0860.jpg
    IMG_0860.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 210

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Forgot to mention the inner mounts, but they are just as easy to find as the buckets and tracks. They also can be used for mounting the actual truck-specific buckets/tracks, IF you can actually find them.

Do you have a source for factory style floor weld nuts, or did you reuse the factory nut plates from a donor?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obullard74