Blue Print or GM Performance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Maknwine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
As info and my 2 cents:

Flat tappet cam, better use the zinc additive.
Also, if you need it....... better check to see if you can bolt up a fuel pump.
The '87 - '95 GM TBI engine I bought (and sold) wasn't cut for the fuel pump uses electric one.
I just plan on going back with TBI/pump in the tank system. The old engine is a rebuilt one that does have that fuel pump area plated and bolted off.

I'm really torn on the lower spec engine but waiting until August just is the only reason I would go with this JEGS motor.

Royal Sierra 454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
15 GMC Royal Sierra
Engine Size
Nice Motor and keep use updated on your progress. . I bought a 350 Long Block from EDD. Engines Direct Distributors. For my 1977 K5, 4 bolt main. 3 year unlimited mile warranty. $2727 shipped. Unit price, $2019 , tax $174 and core $535. They even took my 305 for the core. Thought I would pass this info along.

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
If you are going to buy a new/rebuilt engine, I have two very strong suggestions.

- make sure it has Vortec or better flowing 64cc heads that have at least 9-9.5 compressions. Good performance heads are the foundation for reliable 350 power. If you start out with poor flowing smog-era heads you can’t fix it without replacing them. You cannot rework a smog era head to match the power you get from good Vortec iron or aluminum heads.
- get a block with a roller cam, since it will be much more reliable.You can then swap cams without changing lifters, use fast ramp cams for better performance, etc. It just makes performance tweaks so much simpler overall.

Note: You can also convert an old engine using new heads and a roller cam conversion.

Maknwine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
I've continued reading as much as possible on an engine for the truck and I'm not any further along in a decision. I've concluded I definitely should be going roller cam. The BPE has that but guessing the heads are not spectacular and I assume NOT vortec.
CYLINDER HEADS:
1987-1995 GM Iron Cylinder Heads
64cc chamber
1.94 in. intake/1.50 in. exhaust valves

Buck69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
D30 CUCV
Engine Size
6.2 (removed)
A roller cam is a benefit but the bigger gain is with the later vortec heads. Vortec use an 8 bolt intake manifold which will be additional costs for your application. You likely have the 12 bolt intake with exhaust crossover as does the BPE you posted.

Maknwine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
I JUST ORDERED IT....I JUST ORDERED IT.....I JUST ORDERED IT .......AND ITS SUPPOSED TO BE DELIVERED NEXT WEEK.

Summit engines just got one in stock and NO ONE had one on order.....
I will appreciate if everyone sticks around the next few weeks as I'm sure I will have questions

I JUST ORDERED IT....I JUST ORDERED IT.....I JUST ORDERED IT .......AND ITS SUPPOSED TO BE DELIVERED NEXT WEEK.

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L

Summit engines just got one in stock and NO ONE had one on order.....
I will appreciate if everyone sticks around the next few weeks as I'm sure I will have questions

I'd think you'd be more excited about something like that.

Maknwine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
I'd think you'd be more excited about something like that.
If you only knew to the level that I invented and mastered the art of procrastination.

I nearly ordered a VEGE rebuilt motor at half the cost several times but really wanted something better. Now, I wont have to hear someone say I put a VaJayJay rebuilt motor in my dumper.

Maknwine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
FALSE ALARM......
JUST got an email stating motor IS NOT expected to ship next week but instead is going to AUGUST 21st......
Dont understand how the sales guy "GABE" tells me he is looking at his screen seeing a motor available and to expect a shipping company phone call to set up delivery.
:banghead:

tadslc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Bummer, Funny thing is I ordered mine from Gabe and seeing they just listed 1 in stock I questioned this. He said their inventory is very accurate and he might be correct, they just sell so many.

Finally mine is at least installed, lots to do though.

Attachments

• Motor 3 5-25-23.jpg
    Motor 3 5-25-23.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 55
  • Motor 1 5-25-23.jpg
    Motor 1 5-25-23.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 59

PeteJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC Sierra Classic 1500
Engine Size
Bummer, Funny thing is I ordered mine from Gabe and seeing they just listed 1 in stock I questioned this. He said their inventory is very accurate and he might be correct, they just sell so many.

Looking good and like mine, Tad.
Trying to source different items to finish it up.

tadslc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Looking good and like mine, Tad.
Trying to source different items to finish it up.
The finishing up is the long part. Its the same but different...

By chance this same motor that is still listed on summit as 341 HP and 371 TQ is now list on BP website as 390 HP and 410 TQ which is more in line with the dyno sheet that came with the motor. When I bought the motor both sites had the same ratings.

Maknwine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size

So, is the motor pictured the one you ordered from Gabe? Or a different motor altogether. I ordered the TBI version with roller cam version.
Either way, I'm not cancelling order in hopes they squeak one in sooner and just put off plans till end of summer, right when humidity and heat will be cookin!

tadslc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
So, is the motor pictured the one you ordered from Gabe? Or a different motor altogether. I ordered the TBI version with roller cam version.
Either way, I'm not cancelling order in hopes they squeak one in sooner and just put off plans till end of summer, right when humidity and heat will be cooki

Probably not, mines a complete unit.

.https://www.summitracing.com/parts/mll-bp350ctfk

tadslc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
You might also just try to order directly from Blue Print