Block Sealer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
How about an update here 89S??? The stuff still working good? No notice of anything like your heater core clogged up??? Pretty good stuff if its still working. You don't drive very far, but this summer would be a real good test for this.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
All I can say is it's a temp fix.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73

Manbearpig

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500HD Quadrasteer
Engine Size
:blah:

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
It started to loose it's effect the past week. I am wondering if it is because I am back to towing the boat every day again, I am sure it is, it's just too coincidental. So I'm just gonna run it like it is and keep it topped off until I fix it or find a replacement.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I was afraid of that. Likely the deal is, its no longer winter time, so your coolant isn't staying as cool, and as you mention, towing the boat, the coolant is getting a little warmer and starting to melt the stuff down where it sealed.

towman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10
Engine Size
have used stuff called k seal with great luck, it's around 15 dollars and it comes in a small blue bottle, had a taurus with a steady leak at the head gasket you could see coming out, poured that stuff in and it has held for over two yrs now, they are a regular customer and i look everytime it comes in and still dry

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
have used stuff called k seal with great luck, it's around 15 dollars and it comes in a small blue bottle, had a taurus with a steady leak at the head gasket you could see coming out, poured that stuff in and it has held for over two yrs now, they are a regular customer and i look everytime it comes in and still dry
I used that stuff last fall, worked for a few weeks and stopped working. That's when I went to this stuff and got about twice the time out of it, kinda funny because it is twice the price. I just must have an issue that can;t be patchedx. I know this truck had new head gaskets installed before I bought it, I think the current gaskets are at least 5 years old. I wonder if the guy who did them used new head bolts or not. Looking at the exposed bolts I would say no.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I used that stuff last fall, worked for a few weeks and stopped working. That's when I went to this stuff and got about twice the time out of it, kinda funny because it is twice the price. I just must have an issue that can;t be patchedx. I know this truck had new head gaskets installed before I bought it, I think the current gaskets are at least 5 years old. I wonder if the guy who did them used new head bolts or not. Looking at the exposed bolts I would say no.

I don't beleive your motor is TTY (Torque to Yield) bolts, so that really shouldn't have mattered provided he cleaned the threads and got a proper torque on the bolts. Maybe it needed head gaskets from an overheat, and at that time also got a hairline head crack. Maybe you are dealing with a cracked head instead of bad head gaskets.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
I don't beleive your motor is TTY (Torque to Yield) bolts, so that really shouldn't have mattered provided he cleaned the threads and got a proper torque on the bolts. Maybe it needed head gaskets from an overheat, and at that time also got a hairline head crack. Maybe you are dealing with a cracked head instead of bad head gaskets.
Well maybe I should get a set of rebuilt heads and some gaskets and do it all at once when the the time comes. Unlees I find a new ride. We'll see.

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
Like was said earlier, you do the top end and the bottom end will go next.

I'd look for another good 350.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wootensan