BIGGER BAT FOR CSFJ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
How about an over head CONSOLE?

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
Oh no don’t cut the doors up:(

If I could like this seventeen more times, I would. So there’s no cut out for the little 3.5s and the 4x10s behind the seat? What about kick panel pods and a center speaker? No place for speakers on the rear corners? The pods would be two 6.5s and you could probably adapt a 6.5 to the center with the little adapter kit Crutchfield sends you when you buy speakers.

echo7bravo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10 stepside
Engine Size
350/Th400, 4.56 with 35" BFG MT
How about an over head CONSOLE?
Not a chance. Headliner is a custom stitched together cotton rebel flag. Like a reverse General Lee thing. Too cool to cover up. Very redneck and could be questionably racists but I'm not so I don't worry.

I have 6x9 brackets in back cab corners and a slim 8" sub in the center behind the seat. I know I could fab up some kick panels brackets. I'm just looking for different views and inputs. My brother is the mechanic....I'm the creative one with glassing skills. Not afraid to try anything really.

I don't think I want kick panel speakers due to them getting kicked. I don't want lower door speakers adding weight and having to thicken the door to bring the speaker out away from the window travel.

I'm leaning toward some mids under dash or something. Maybe on top of dash. Possible some tweeters in the lower portion of A-Pillar

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Not a chance. Headliner is a custom stitched together cotton rebel flag. Like a reverse General Lee thing. Too cool to cover up. Very redneck and could be questionably racists but I'm not so I don't worry.

I have 6x9 brackets in back cab corners and a slim 8" sub in the center behind the seat. I know I could fab up some kick panels brackets. I'm just looking for different views and inputs. My brother is the mechanic....I'm the creative one with glassing skills. Not afraid to try anything really.

I don't think I want kick panel speakers due to them getting kicked. I don't want lower door speakers adding weight and having to thicken the door to bring the speaker out away from the window travel.

I'm leaning toward some mids under dash or something. Maybe on top of dash. Possible some tweeters in the lower portion of A-Pillar
Its only racist if it benefits someone’s agenda

echo7bravo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10 stepside
Engine Size
You don't have to tell me. Just some folks like to assume things about people they don't even know. Here in Alabama it seems a little amplified as well. Never, would have been questioned when I lived in Los Angeles.

I'm just a boy from Georgia. Who grew up in the 80's watching the Duke boys and that Fall Guy's bitchin GMC!

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
In my '77, I didn't want to cut anything up either. I bolted two 4" two-ways together and put them in the center dash opening. Not high-end sound by any means, but I'm happy with it.

echo7bravo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10 stepside
Engine Size

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
I've seen some kick panels that are molded for what looked to be a 6"round speaker. If I can remember where I saw them, I'll post a pic.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Slightly confused how a stereo speaker thread got titled in reference to me, I stay pretty factory specific on stereo stuff?

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
In my '77, I didn't want to cut anything up either. I bolted two 4" two-ways together and put them in the center dash opening. Not high-end sound by any means, but I'm happy with it.

The obvious answer.

I have installed speakers both under the dash AND in the A/C vents before.

ajd89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I've seen some kick panels that are molded for what looked to be a 6"round speaker. If I can remember where I saw them, I'll post a pic.
Im sure i seen them in the lmc book. I just dont like them down there near my boots. Not to mention even if i was careful cant say the same for my passangers...

echo7bravo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10 stepside
Engine Size
Slightly confused how a stereo speaker thread got titled in reference to me, I stay pretty factory specific on stereo stuff?
Oh it wasn't a reference to you and the exotics as much as it was beating the dead horse talking about stereo speakers.

I think everyone here for the most part gets the standard options for speaker placement. And I don't want to have to go get your bigger bat. What I am looking for is different ideas or even trying something new.

echo7bravo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10 stepside
Engine Size
The obvious answer.

I have installed speakers both under the dash AND in the A/C vents before.
I have contemplated the openings were the A/C vents are located. Being that I no longer have A/C and don't plan on reinstalling it. Perhaps custom speaker bezels and sliding some smaller speakers in there.

I have also thought about on the lower dash some how. I dunno. My Mazda has speakers mounted low on the underside of the dash curvature.

ajd89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
What about a some sort of custom center FLOOR console with 2 speakers pointing out on each side...gramps did that in his 56 chevy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cheify