Best quality tail light lenses

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Intenseblue

Reaction score
First Name
Garland
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
Interested in purchasing tail lights and likely all lenses while I'm at it for a new k10 project. Have a 77 GMC K15.

What I'm wanting to know is who is selling the best or highest quality lenses right now.

I have catalogs from LMC, NPD, Classic Parts, Classic Industries and Brothers. Also aware of Year One. Open to all others.

If you don't have multiple experiences I'm open to hear what was worse than factory and why, and what was identical to factory.

Thanks ahead of time. I plan to make purchases on Monday.

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Picked up my replacements awhile ago from Rock Auto. Look very nice but they're in a brown generic box with no clue as to what brand or where they're made.

So many of the aftermarkets look pinkish or just plain cheap. These look like the originals. I'll see if there's any embossment on the lenses as to what brand they are.

FireTruck1984

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
1984 and 1984
Truck Model
High Sierra K1500 350. Sierra Classic C1500 305.
Engine Size
350, 305
Interested in purchasing tail lights and likely all lenses while I'm at it for a new k10 project. Have a 77 GMC K15.

What I'm wanting to know is who is selling the best or highest quality lenses right now.

I have catalogs from LMC, NPD, Classic Parts, Classic Industries and Brothers. Also aware of Year One. Open to all others.

If you don't have multiple experiences I'm open to hear what was worse than factory and why, and what was identical to factory.

Thanks ahead of time. I plan to make purchases on Monday.
Are you looking to buy just lenses or the entire Taillight assembly?
AUTOANDART (auto and art) makes a good lens.. if you can find ‘em.
There’s many different grades of replacement taillights. Depending on what you’re looking for and your budget.
CJ Pony parts sells high end sequential LED assemblies.
Of course you can’t beat OEM parts. They’re still around

Intenseblue

Reaction score
First Name
Garland
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
Q
Picked up my replacements awhile ago from Rock Auto. Look very nice but they're in a brown generic box with no clue as to what brand or where they're made.

So many of the aftermarkets look pinkish or just plain cheap. These look like the originals. I'll see if there's any embossment on the lenses as to what brand they are.
Thanks

Intenseblue

Reaction score
First Name
Garland
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
Are you looking to buy just lenses or the entire Taillight assembly?
AUTOANDART (auto and art) makes a good lens.. if you can find ‘em.
There’s many different grades of replacement taillights. Depending on what you’re looking for and your budget.
CJ Pony parts sells high end sequential LED assemblies.
Of course you can’t beat OEM parts. They’re still around
Looking for lenses, gaskets, and screws. I have the housings
With that said, I am shooting for an oem look. Nothing aftermarket on the style. Brothers and Year One I believe have GM housings plus tails, although one of them also states its a reproduction. Not sure If it's a wording error or what or if I misunderstood. I had no luck contacting either one of them, nor Classic Industries. They're in the $50-$70 range. I'm not opposed to this route if there are fitment or color differences though in the $10-$20 lenses. I want my purchase to be nice, not tacky.

So when you refer to OEMs are you referring to NOS, or currently produced parts or are you referring to parts truck take-offs?

FireTruck1984

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
1984 and 1984
Truck Model
High Sierra K1500 350. Sierra Classic C1500 305.
Engine Size
350, 305
Looking for lenses, gaskets, and screws. I have the housings
With that said, I am shooting for an oem look. Nothing aftermarket on the style. Brothers and Year One I believe have GM housings plus tails, although one of them also states its a reproduction. Not sure If it's a wording error or what or if I misunderstood. I had no luck contacting either one of them, nor Classic Industries. They're in the $50-$70 range. I'm not opposed to this route if there are fitment or color differences though in the $10-$20 lenses. I want my purchase to be nice, not tacky.

So when you refer to OEMs are you referring to NOS, or currently produced parts or are you referring to parts truck take-offs?
OEM.. used authentic GM parts. Salvage yards and swap meets are your best resources.
I’ve stumbled on some NOS pieces at swap meets and eBay and still get sticker shock !
Like others have mentioned, some of the cheap (Chinese) aftermarket lenses have low quality color. I paid around $80 for a decent reproduction pair of full assemblies through Brothers.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
The lenses I got with my led kit from lmc are nice imo. They're the correct shade of red and had all the diffusion and what not on the inside like the factory. They've held up for a few years now too.

Intenseblue

Reaction score
First Name
Garland
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
Ended up ordering today. Went with new GM lenses from Year One, new housings and gaskets from Classic Industries, and new screws for housing and lenses from Classic Parts of America. Was going to get the housings from brothers as they're stamped USA made but they're out of stock til the 28th and I need these now. May order them anyways and flip the ones I ordered when I get them. I'll post pics for reference when they arrive. Thanks for the replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rossivey