Bed Carriage bolt holes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
@Turbo4whl The old welders that were before me.(long ago) always said the same thing. Milk would counteract the galvanized smoke...........I have NEVER liked milk........

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
@Turbo4whl The old welders that were before me.(long ago) always said the same thing. Milk would counteract the galvanized smoke...........I have NEVER liked milk........
I've heard that was proven as a myth, but IDK. Personally I drink a LOT of milk, love the stuff, can't get enough (I drank a lot more when I was younger, these days it's slowed down to maybe a glass a day but until my late 20s I drank over a gallon a day, but then my metabolism caught up with me and I had to cut back on a bunch of pointless fatty stuff. Still eat a ton of cheese and some yogurt for my gut every day, it's all cow mucous same ****). I have also NEVER had welder's sickness. Coincidence? Probably but I also can't strictly rule it out. I am not a professional welder, but I do more than the average Joe Schmoe I suppose. One thing about me is that I always underestimate everything, and have a tendency to be lazy. As much as I know that welding galvanized steel is dangerous, I have put myself in the situation where I think "it's just one little tailpipe and I'm outside, I'll hold my breath and tack it in place then come back and sand the rest off and finish it up". Then I realize, despite being outside I'm laying under a truck next to a concrete wall on two sides, and I neglected to both come back and sand it off AND somewhere along the line forgot to hold my breath because I was concentrating so my helmet is full of smoke and I'm staring at smoldering metal with yellow crust boiling off around the slag. I run away and take deep breaths of fresh air to try to mitigate the effects but one would think it's already too much. Did the milk help? Who knows? But there just MAY be something to it after all...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flynhigh88