Beadlocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
I didn't like the KM2s much. Had some more chunking than I was expecting after some of my long offroad trips. They were horrible in winter. Even in deep snow. I bought the KM3s when they first came out and have been very happy with them. Awesome in deep snow. Not great on hardpack snow or ice on the streets, but once again a lot better than the KM2s.
They are very flexible also. I air down a lot and these tires flex and "ooze" over any obstacle.
They also haven't shown any signs of chunking like the KM2's did.
Stronger sidewalls, increased traction.

You must be registered for see images attach

RoryH19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rory
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado SWB
Engine Size
350 TBI
Lugnut4x4 has a parking brake version which uses Cadillac rear calipers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Right, the 70's Eldorado calipers.
I've seen mixed reviews.

colonel mustard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
steven
Truck Year
Truck Model
k5 blazer
Engine Size
Great idea- and a lot cheaper than the actual balancing beads. Other than the price why do you like the air soft pellets better?

There are multiple reasons I went with the airsoft pellets.

1. the balance beads are super small beads. so small in fact that when you air down by pulling the valve stem core, the beads come out with the air

2. the balance beads create static electricity and tend to cling to each other. this contributes to them globbing together and leads to unbalance at times.

3. balance beads tend to cling to the ridges on the inside of the tire and group there.

4. you have to use a spring loaded valve stem core with balance beads. this is because they are so small they will group in the stem and cause balancing problems as well as clogging the valve stem.

all of these issues go away with air soft pellets. the best imo is the ability to pull the core out to air down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rumpity_z28