at my wits end on power steering pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1low4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Even though I'm sure you are going to do a thorough flush after all repairs are completed, it might be wise to install an in-line filter (at least temporarily). You know, just in case there is some debris still hiding in a dead corner of the system.

There should not be any dead corners. Evrything will be new from box to lines to reservoir and pump

1low4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Eh, it's all random garbage. I've had a bunch of bad pumps from every parts store. Believe it or not, I've actually had the best luck with pumps from Advance. As for the steering box... good luck. I've found the best thing to do is take your box to a local family owned steering gear type shop and have them rebuild it. The biggest problem is shops like that are scarce now.

Good,, car quest owns advance now lol

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Whatever. I'll stick with carquest the knowledge the.guys have alone is worth my money.

I'll try my luck on the box

That's all you need to say. Having someone with brains behind the counter makes life much more pleasant.

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
That's all you need to say. Having someone with brains behind the counter makes life much more pleasant.

Lol reminds me of the convo I had with GM yesterday about my GM crate motor. They told me they didn't know, that I should call summit.

Sent from an old rotary telephone.

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
There should not be any dead corners. Evrything will be new from box to lines to reservoir and pump

Sorry, I mixed this thread up with another one about a P/S problem - in his case he had hydro-boost brakes and a cooler.

SlickGTP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Carquest? Your in the country huh... Napa bud they are quality.

Napa has gone the same route as the other parts stores lately... Had to get a remanned window motor for the car and it was the same brand as OReilly and Autozone, just rebranded as a Napa part. :doublepuke:

Really a shame as I used to trust them to have better parts on the whole.

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
WTH is this world coming to...Good thing i have a Napa warehouse down the street :)

Sent from the dust in front of you!

1low4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Well I installed the new box, pump, lines and Pittman arm. Very happy to announce that it works Like a dream. Absolutely no noises at all, sounds just like it should. Its a beautiful thing.

Don5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
k15
Engine Size
Well I installed the new box, pump, lines and Pittman arm. Very happy to announce that it works Like a dream. Absolutely no noises at all, sounds just like it should. Its a beautiful thing.

Glad it worked out for you. I figured that once you replaced everything it would be right again. You should never have to fool with it again except to maybe add some fluid. Life is good!:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AzLuke