Armrest Pads

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

440sixpack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
dean
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
does anyone know which brand of armrest pad ( 1977 ) is made of colored material and not just black with spray paint ? some ads say they're painted and some don't say at all. I know color molded ones were made because I bought a set a few years ago, but they don't have any identification as to who made them.

The painted ones are scratched up bad already.

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
@440sixpack,

Yeah, the company I just bought mine from are color molded, not painted. What ever color that your truck is stock is sold. The company is NPD, National Parts Depot. There are several others, Classic Industries, Ecklers, and others. I have all their catalogs. Here's the one I just put on my truck, '74 C10 Custom Deluxe.

You must be registered for see images attach
The whole thing is this color. NPD. Now, they're kinda expensive though. This arm rest was $27.99 plus tax and shipping, from where ever you're from. It matches the color I had my panels painted, although this is not painted, it's molded this color.

And by the way, do you have a 440 six pack? I'm an old Mopar man from way back. I had a '69 383 Charger at one time. Want to see?

Nice, huh?

440sixpack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
dean
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
It was probably OER brand then ? the painted ones are like $80 a set.

I've had lots of Mopar's over the years but the only one left which I've had for many years is a '70 Challenger R/T SE 440 six pack 4 speed. red on black. probably have that one until I'm gone.

Charlie

Mopar by Birth. Chevy by Choice.
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
Cheyenne 10 LWB
Engine Size
350/TH350/AC/4 BBL Quadrajet
It was probably OER brand then ? the painted ones are like $80 a set.

I've had lots of Mopar's over the years but the only one left which I've had for many years is a '70 Challenger R/T SE 440 six pack 4 speed. red on black. probably have that one until I'm gone.

Pics of the Challenger please! I am an old Mopar guy also.

440sixpack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
dean
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Nice charger. you probably don't want to see what it's worth today.

I can't figure out how to get pictures on here. so sites go to my pictures this asks foe an ULR and I don't even know what that is.

Charlie

Mopar by Birth. Chevy by Choice.
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
Cheyenne 10 LWB
Engine Size
350/TH350/AC/4 BBL Quadrajet
Nice charger. you probably don't want to see what it's worth today.

I can't figure out how to get pictures on here. so sites go to my pictures this asks foe an ULR and I don't even know what that is.

Click on "Upload File", then select location of file, then "open" it will load pic.

440sixpack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
dean
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
That's easy enough. I can't find any pictures of my can but I have some of my pickups I've restored in the last 15 years and still own. I'll have to find some of the Challenger.

the K10 is getting a body color roll bar with KC Daylighters. a hickey push bar and grill gaurd and I found some GM 15x8 wagon wheels I'm going to paint body color and put my trim rings and center caps on. I'm trying to make it the 70's 4x4 I would have owned if I'd have had the money when I was 16.

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
@440sixpack,

Yeah, I like your idea of painting your K10 that '70 Desert off road stripped colors, tans, browns, and beiges. There was a thread that someone had on here several weeks ago that showed all the different body and color changes from the '70's through the '80's. It's a website he put up and it is really interesting. I'm old enough to remember all those '70's styles and they were all really cool...back then. The Desert off road was a step side with a roll bar and lights on it and wagon wheels. It reminded me of how the desert colors were used during Desert Storm, those tans and browns except on the pickup truck the colors were, of course were straight lines in the style of the '70's. It's all cool you know.

I like your Ranger to. I'm not partial to any make. I love them all, cars to. I've been this way since I was four or five and my uncle would let me help him on his old Plymouth when he was in high school in the '50's.

Oh, I know what it is! The guy on this forum has a '80's "Wrangler" Chevy pickup!! Long bed. Look the site up on line and it starts like with your search for the Chevy truck a "Wrangler" and I think you'll come up with the site about the paint styles and body changes all through the period.

If someone remembers who it was who has the Wrangler, and he can direct you to the site. It's neat!

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
@440sixpack,

I see you K10 has the bumper guards it seems everyone is having such a hard time finding in good shape. There is only a couple of places that have them and not all years that had them either.

Did you restore your Golden Eagle?

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
@440sixpack,

Okay, I found the thread that has all the stuff about the '70's and '80's styles color and body changes. But what you have to do is go on line and look up the GMC Scottsdale Wrangler and on the first page of sites will be a site on the styles of Chevy/GMC trucks from '70's and '80's and click on it, it says something about the "History of body changes Chevy/GMC something or other...""70's and "80's blau blau and you go to that site and once on it scroll down through the site of the "History" and you'll see the original Desert off road color/body of that short bed. It's cool. But at least you can take a look at the original color and position of the stripes. Yeah, everything is painted, roll bar, bumpers and all.

The thread is from May 1, 2021 in the Interior section, by Dumais Marco titled "Scottsdale Wrangler", his I believe is a '85 one.

440sixpack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
dean
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
The GMC Desert Fox is probably what you're thinking of. it was all tan and had no trim . it was one of the coolest pickups ever made in my opinion and Hickey did all of it. my plan is to keep my pickup original but add as many of the features as possible. not a clone just a vintage correct accessorized k10. I'm old enough to remember when it was the in thing to do.

I bought the Jeep from a local guy and it was all original but needed a full restoration. how the factory brush gaurd survived I can't say they always get taken out by a deer . I found NOS Levi's fabric for the seats and as many NOS parts as possible to bring it back to new condition. if you want a challenge restore a J10 almost nothing is reproduced it's a blast. the chevy and Ford are a cake walk.

Turbo4whl

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size

TPISly-C10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sly
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10 shortbox
Engine Size
LQ4 6.0L
got old new stuff OEM GM pads never bean installed! :)

440sixpack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
dean
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Yes that's the look I'm going for minus the stripes. my pickup is tan with a white deluxe two tone so stripes aren't possible. . I have the roll bar and I found a set of the wheels . the grille gaurd is now reproduced by Hickey and should be here soon. I have a set on Cibie's for the grille gaurd but I have KC daylighters for the roll bar because that's the gold standard of 70's off road lights.

That top pickup is missing the trim rings but other than that it's awesome.

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
@440sixpack,

Wow, you found the wheels!! What kind of shape were they in?? That's cool!

@Turbo4whl,

Yeah. yeah, that's the one! I remember all those trucks back then. Ford had their share of those trucks to, I'll tell you that! Ford had this two tone back then that I still love, it's like a dark Blue metalic upper with a kind of a Beige bottom half on their trucks. Man I thought that was the coolest colors together, and still do.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jodygraham64