Appraise my truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
I made this thread asking for opinions, and read every comment knowing that it’s just that, an opinion, I appreciate everyone adding to the thread too!

As I stand right now I’m problably going to post it as it is for 10000, and sell for anything above 8500, even though honestly if I was the buyer I wouldn’t pay over 6, reason being it is MY truck, and I love this thing, and since I don’t NEED to sell it I don’t want to settle

The only big reason for selling is the milage, even with the 9:1 heads, efi, good timing, overdrive etc, I get maybe 10 city if I don’t lay into it, and it’s my daily that I commute in, I just can’t afford it easily snymore
Damn i personally wouldnt cry over that. But thats me. Id happily drive it for ya lol

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Glad gas prices are cheap here in Arkansas. I get about 10mpg in the suburban(regular gas)

I get around 13mpg in the Aviator(premium gas)

Always been smiles per gallon for me.

Just park it, and get a gas saver. You will regret selling just because of mileage. Thats not a good enough reason for this Redneck. LOL
Im 100% with you on that!!

gotyourgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
gotyourgoat
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
smokin' 305
I made this thread asking for opinions, and read every comment knowing that it’s just that, an opinion, I appreciate everyone adding to the thread too!

As I stand right now I’m problably going to post it as it is for 10000, and sell for anything above 8500, even though honestly if I was the buyer I wouldn’t pay over 6, reason being it is MY truck, and I love this thing, and since I don’t NEED to sell it I don’t want to settle

The only big reason for selling is the milage, even with the 9:1 heads, efi, good timing, overdrive etc, I get maybe 10 city if I don’t lay into it, and it’s my daily that I commute in, I just can’t afford it easily snymore
I like this truck. While I do not have a problem with ugly, I am for sure not paying more for it. The fact it doesn't have a real paint job is going to narrow the market. As will it's an old truck, people want new **** and modern conveniences these never had. Hell these didn't have cupholders, cars today have cupholders in the high teens. It's also not original so the collector/purist market is lost. Your market (apart from someone willing to deal with a carburetor) is the weekend shade tree mechanic looking to do a project but from this discussion I think you have priced him out of the market.

Prices being thrown out are nucking futz. Do you have any idea the plethora of vehicles that are available for this looney money you're talking about? The car hobby is volatile at best currently. There are so many new highly technologically advanced cars being pumped out every year in increasing numbers. The older collectors are aging out of the hobby while the younger generations are not having as much of an interest in cars. These liabilities sure are gaining in value though apparently, looks like I need a for sale sign. :hidesbehindsofa:

Obwonkonobe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 custom deluxe
Engine Size
I know I’m asking high, and honestly I know it most likely won’t sell, but if I didn’t know anything about the market and was pricing it based off my personal love for it I’d be a firm 15000. So credit should go to this thread for talking me down. Although I set a personal best on mpg today, 13.5 highway. And once I get the lockup wired for the converter and the atomic efi to control timing I should be seeing a couple more, maybe I’ll just keep it after that, But we’ll see

gotyourgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
gotyourgoat
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
smokin' 305
15k Haha bless your heart. I get it, I love my shitbox too. You mentioned previously about passing smog. I wasn't aware Arizona had that kind of thing. Currently don't have a smog test but I do have a very rigorous inspection. What all is involved with the testing there? sniffer at idle, under hood cali compliance, sniffer on a treadmill??

Obwonkonobe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 custom deluxe
Engine Size
15k Haha bless your heart. I get it, I love my shitbox too. You mentioned previously about passing smog. I wasn't aware Arizona had that kind of thing. Currently don't have a smog test but I do have a very rigorous inspection. What all is involved with the testing there? sniffer at idle, under hood cali compliance, sniffer on a treadmill??
Actually now that I think about it when I went in for smog the first time they just sniffed it, and it failed horribly. But then I spoke with my insurance company and SOMEHOW found a way to get around it for the life of this truck now, but I can’t for the life of me remember how

I wish I had that old sheet tho, it’s comical how much highlighter was used as the guy explained to me how badly I failed smog

highdesertrange

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k30
Engine Size
jeez are you guys serious 6,7,10k for a 2WD 1/2 ton. wow.

let me say this all that aftermarket stuff does not add a nickel to the value of the truck, unless you find that one person that wants all that stuff.

big question did you cut the dash to put din stereo in?

sorry to be so negative but I just don't see it. I have all kinds of trucks and parts in Arizona and I have never paid anywhere near that price. my buddy and I have 7 complete rust free trucks and parts for a couple more.

highdesertranger

Obwonkonobe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 custom deluxe
Engine Size
jeez are you guys serious 6,7,10k for a 2WD 1/2 ton. wow.

let me say this all that aftermarket stuff does not add a nickel to the value of the truck, unless you find that one person that wants all that stuff.

big question did you cut the dash to put din stereo in?

sorry to be so negative but I just don't see it. I have all kinds of trucks and parts in Arizona and I have never paid anywhere near that price. my buddy and I have 7 complete rust free trucks and parts for a couple more.

highdesertranger
The dash was hacked to **** before I got the truck, you may notice that even though it’s a 78, it has an 80s style dash haha, but behind the stereo I’ve got brackets to hold it in place pretty well, no rattles at all. And yes this is very much a “custom” truck. I’m not saying it’s worth all that much when you write it down on paper, but that’s just what it’s worth to me

highdesertrange

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k30
Engine Size
hahaha fair enough. you sound like my brother everything he owns is made of solid gold. highdesertranger

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Misty Blue