anyone use seafoam?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dhamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
Truck Model
R-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Actually, water doesn't hurt a normal operating temperature running motor going down the intake. The water is almost instantly turned to steam vapor. Took me some getting used to, but I had an old time friend do a water injection system on one of his trucks to try it out. He drove for at least a year I know of without problems. I moved to OK, and never heard anything else about it though.

I don't disagree...I just personally am not comfortable doing it. Maybe after seeing it done I'd feel more comfortable. Obviously, it's not the death of a motor when done right since many of you guys are doing it. Wait.....you guys aren't doing whippits are you? LOL

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Methanol kits use a water injection system along with the methanol.

Cowboy Cadillac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I use Seafoam on my '01 GMC in the oil and fuel before oil changes. I also used it recently in my '76 in the fuel, once my Amsoil order comes in I'll be using it in the oil and down carb. Its definately not a "snake oil" product like lots of others are selling.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Its really the best way to clean up the combustion chambers, I do it once in a while. You can always tell which cylinder the had gasket blows in, its the cylinder with the piston that looks nice and shiny new.

Yep, cuz the water vapor broke the junk loose and let it escape the exhaust valve.

dhamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
Truck Model
R-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Its really the best way to clean up the combustion chambers, I do it once in a while. You can always tell which cylinder the had gasket blows in, its the cylinder with the piston that looks nice and shiny new.

Is it any difference in the process or in the results on TBI?

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Is it any difference in the process or in the results on TBI?

I think not. When I'd do it, I'd use a bowl of water. Dip my hand in it, and drop the water in small amounts at a time straight down the carb or in your case, TBI and let it go right down the intake. It will cause you motor to stumble a little bit at idle so you'll want to be prepared to raise the idle up by hand. It burns off almost instantly. I"ve also seen some guys use a beer/coke can and pour a gulp at a time down the carb until all 12 oz was gone and thru the motor.

dhamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
Truck Model
R-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
So no big deal if a couple drops accidentally hit an injector? Gotta tune mine up badly, so I may just do this before I do the plugs, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
K5Chris