Anybody use these headlights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doug80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
If anyone has how were they? Any good, and do they out out more light than/better light pattern than stock sealed beams?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 207

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I can't figure out how to start a new thread with this stupid tapatalk update, so my question:

What have you guys done for plug and play headlight upgrades? I just damn near turned my truck over when I hit an armadillo. My current lights are just dangerously dim. I'm not looking to re wire a bunch of stuff. Just looking for a good replacement before I bend my bumper on some late night street walker.

Il add that I don't much care for the halo look, but I'm not looking at them when I'm behind the wheel so that's not really a deciding factor.

Sent from an old rotary telephone.

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
I bought some Hella sealed beam conversion headlights that use the H4 bulbs and have the euro beam pattern. I also put in a upgraded headlight harness so the power no longer goes thru the headlight switch. The bulbs I'm running are I think 55w/100w. Very good pattern for seeing deer.

There are several headlight harnesses out there. I think painless wiring has one and I bought one from LMC. Pretty much just plug and play, and then attach power and ground to the battery for the built in relays.

By using the harness it increases voltage to the headlights. So even your stock headlights should be a bit brighter depending on the condition of your stock wiring and headlight switch.

EDIT: Link for headlights.

http://www.myhellalights.com/index.php/products/auxiliary-lamps/sealed-beam-conversion-headlamps/

Last edited:

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I bought some Hella sealed beam conversion headlights that use the H4 bulbs and have the euro beam pattern. I also put in a upgraded headlight harness so the power no longer goes thru the headlight switch. The bulbs I'm running are I think 55w/100w. Very good pattern for seeing deer.

Every time I touch any wiring on this truck I cause 5 more problems. I'm rolling around with no speedo, no gas gauge, no gauge lights, no dome light, no under dash light, and the passenger side window needs a lot of help to get rolled up. It's a nightmare. Just looking to unplug these lights and plug in something new to keep from having a bunch more problems.

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
You might try measuring what voltage you have to your existing headlights. If you are down a few volts it won't matter what you put in there if you don't have the electricity to run it.

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
You might try measuring what voltage you have to your existing headlights. If you are down a few volts it won't matter what you put in there if you don't have the electricity to run it.

I will check the voltage, but they have moisture in them. I'm sure they are ancient. They need replaced, was just looking for a good replacement.

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
Those sealed beam Hellas are supposed to put out 50% more light on low beam and 25% more light on high beam using the same wattage and put out a better beam pattern.
And somewhere I read if your dropping a volt or so to your headlights that can be worth another 25% of your light. Being your truck is newer than mine perhaps your wiring is in better shape. My headlight switch used to get very hot after a few hour drive at night.

And the old sealed beam headlights get more dim the older they are.

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
picture.php

This was just one headlight and on low beam. Instead of throwing light upward there is a cutoff to them which I really like.

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Holy crap. My brights are about half that bright. I will get a pic tomorrow.

Ghetto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
4.1 6 Banger
Guy at a local cruise night parked next to me had these. I thought they were cheesy looking myself. They are remote operated and he had his wire on the outside dangling on the hood spear just so he could change them from the cab.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Im planning on trying a set of these maybe or just the plain H4 lenses???

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
The halo lights are a separate 12 v circuit so you can wire them to a switch or a key-on ignition source for day lights or just for when you want to show them off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deankelly