Anybody sitting on a big 12 incher?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
I hear ya! It was the same for me in my small town in Idaho. I miss those days. That's one of the reasons I bought my 85...trying to relive my high school days. Maybe forego the mullett...lol
Hey Mike ,what small town in Idaho??

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
Would you happen to know how to convert a single speaker system into a multi speaker system? With an analog radio.

Yup, get rid of that analog radio.

Then you can come sit at the cool kids table :cool:

Lol

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Yup, get rid of that analog radio.

Then you can come sit at the cool kids table :cool:

Lol
I dont want to cut my dash. But i have cab corner speakers i want to add but no idea how

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
I had a 87 El Camino and "elky's" have that "smugglers box" behind the seat. The

My buddy had an El Camino with 2 15's and that thing hit big time! The transmission went out in my square. So I was driving the 84 suburban to school. When Friday night came around we pulled the system outta mine and put it in the suburban with the head unit and preamp eq sitting in the center console. Put the box in the rear seat. Lol

Then rode around with the front 2 windows down and the rear window down. That thing turned into a bass Cannon. That's probably why I have to listen to my music loud now. Lol but, I still wouldn't trade it for better hearing. Its not that bad really. When we pulled into sonic people couldn't believe it was just 2 12s. Said they heard us from blocks away.

I think that's why I always get a system in really quick when I buy a different vehicle. Lol I can't help it. When I bought my 2000 ss it had no radio in it at all. speakers were there but, that's it. I put in all Kenwood in it. Head unit Bluetooth and all. $100 at wall mart
. Wow how cheap! 1300 watt 5 channel amp. 4 new 6.5 3 ways in the doors and sail panels. 10 sub in the trunk in rear drivers side quarter panel. Sounds great!

I just bought a 2015 camaro and it has a really nice system in it already. 6.5 in each door and tweeters. 2 6x9 or similar in back dash with 240 watt amp I think. Well I've got a 1000 watt sub amp that I'm gonna have push a 10 in the trunk. Lol, like you said 1 upgrade usually leads to another.

You must be registered for see images attach

The sub I got is 300w rms is the same as the amp so should be pushing it good. Also comes with box dimensions. Think I'll try the ported box and see what it sounds like.

Both sub and amp under $200. Just have to build the box.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 Dually
Engine Size
I had 2 12s behind my single cab '95 back in the day and it was awesome. I'd think you could do the same with the squares.

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Hey Mike ,what small town in Idaho??

Burley-Twin Falls area. Rocky Mountains on the left, Snake River on the right. I miss it. This Arizona desert has lost its charm!

Last edited:

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Burley-Twin Falls area. Rocky Mountaibs on the left, Snake River on the right. I miss it. This Arizona desert has lost its charm!
Wasnt the snake river the one evel knevel tried to jump??

mrburitto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 Cheyenne Camper Special, C30 Crew Cab Dualy
Engine Size
350, 496
I'm a bit of an audiophile. I've worked part time at a stereo shop for decades. Like everything else, this stuff is a slippery slope. A small upgrade always gets the ball rolling.

I had a 87 El Camino and "elky's" have that "smugglers box" behind the seat. The boss let me use whatever equipment the store had as a demo.
I ended up with 2-15" woofers in a 5th order box along with a 9 piece component set in custom door panels. A 1000 rms (bridged at 2 ohm) amp for the subs, 3 smaller amps, parabolic eq and active crossovers.

The SPL literally felt like it could stop your heart!
Those days are long gone but the itch remains. I am incapable of leaving things alone. Besides, except for the 15 inchers I still have all that equipment looking for a place to live. Thus the saga continues...

Ive been there lol. But I never worked at a shop or got it for free. I just spent every penny of every paycheck trying to be louder than my friends lol.

I am fairly positive you could fit a custom fiberglass/wood box behind the seat. just build the rear and side portions with wood and then fiberglass the front and you will be able to get plenty of airspace in there with the seats all the way back.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
I have no stereo right now. I was thinking of doing one of the powered subs that are made to go behind the seat for the time being. do those totally suck? will they fit with my bench all the way back? I can't afford to scoot forward.

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
[QUOTE="Frankenchevy, post: 513347, member: 15043" I was thinking of doing one of the powered subs that are made to go behind the seat for the time being. do those totally suck?[/QUOTE]

I've been out of the stereo scene for the past 6-7 years. The industry changes fast and I find myself uneducated on the newest tech. I'm sure those powered subs are great in certain applications but I haven't actually listened to them. Like usual, the quality of the parts is a huge factor.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SMC2224