Any recommendations for cheap, reliable mini grease guns

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Preferably a pistol grip kind for one hand use and either a straight rod or the ability to put one on

I would like to get a mini grease gun that I will exclusively keep filled with silicone dielectric grease that will be used for some bushings, door seal lubrications, and caliper pins. And subsequently anything I could find good use for silicone grease I would have no trouble using a small one. I was even considering a bike grease gun but it’s a little too small it looks like. The idea at least.

I saw a couple I’m store but they came as a kit with small tubes of grease and were very flimsy looking and feeling. I domt need a professional designer tool by any means just sometching I could drop once without it busting in 30 ways lol

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
They package dielectric grease in little spray cans bout the size of cheese wiz cans. That would do the trick.
I’ve never seen dielectric grease in a tube. Big or small but I’m sure they make it.
On that note, never understood the concept of mini grease guns. Nothing against your application , but they just don’t make sense to me.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
They package dielectric grease in little spray cans bout the size of cheese wiz cans. That would do the trick.
I’ve never seen dielectric grease in a tube. Big or small but I’m sure they make it.
On that note, never understood the concept of mini grease guns. Nothing against your application , but they just don’t make sense to me.

best I understand is they are mostly intended for irregular need and small size but the selection of grease is pretty small in tubes. I ordered a tube of a dielectric grease in a standard tube and it will take a bit to get here since I only paid 9 for it. I’m prob gonna use the cheap box store one next time I go to buy shop towel reup and then manually fill that from the standard tube. I’m gonna make it messy by stabbing the small grease gun into the tube if it fits then just wipe the side down as I pull it out

I might check harbor freight

I have like 8 grease guns and I think I don’t even come close to a single one of them in age.. they probably all double my Age and then some lol.. but now that I think of if.. I think i own a smaller grease gun that’s narrow but almost Same height and has a solid metal line on if, no flex, I need to go check my stash

I also have a brand new in box electric 12v Irwin never used. I think I’ll get or make a way to use my m12 batteries and that will be bumping for something like square

I’m getting ahead of myself I just spent 30 minutes trying to make a grease gun work earlier to realize there was no sealing o end on the piston thingy so there was no way I was gonna push crusty grease out the thing and have grease for my spindles on lawn mower lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1975K20