Any headers that fit perfectly on 84 K10?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
@K201979,

I wish I could remember, maybe a set of headers for a big block, but they come with a dent in them for maybe the steering knuckle from the factory. Isn't that something? Already dented so the consumer may not get it right, to much, to little, wrong place.

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
@FireTruck1984,

Yeah, the Competition's ar designed to a specific engine and vehicle. The Hooker universal are that, universal. Weren't the Competition's a little more expensive?

On my hookers, the pipe at #5 plug goes straight down next to the plug where I have to come up from underneath to get to #5. Otherwise the plug wire will lay right over the pipe at #7 and burn. I hook the wire just on the other side of #7 and come under the plug. #5's plug wire hangs down along side the pipe at #5.

Man, I'm gettin' wood looking at that engine bay! In 1995 mine looked like that. I've won trophies for best engine. I miss it.

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
@Ewhitaker0020,

Man, I had to think for a while looking at those headers on the ground. That is a set of Doug Thorley headers. I recognize the two pipes in the middle don't seem to have enough room for a plug, unless the two center pipes clear both #3 and #5. Yeah, those are Doug Thorley.

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
@hischdalechevy,

Are you still using your stock starter, i.e. pic's above, 2nd photo of underside showing diff. I had to get rid of mine and go to a mini. When we first put the headers on I should have known something wasn't right due to having to remove the factory starter to get the header on that side. Then putting the starter in was so tight, later it rubber a groove into the side of the starter and killed it from the heat. So I got a new stock one and put that Moroso heat shield on it and it was even tighter, so much so that it wore a groove right through the heat shield and over heated the starter and killed that one.

So I got a mini and with all the room I stood back and threw it in. I still put a heat shield on it anyway just to protect the starter solenoid. It's been in there for years.

QBuff02

I like Big Blocks and I cannot lie
Reaction score
First Name
Quincy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
@Mofarmer if you have a 2wd truck and you are going to lower it.
Look into Chevelle headers.
They tuck up higher and do not hang low past the bottom of the chassis rail.
The headers made specifically for trucks seem to hang lower.

We just put a free set on our big block and they fit relatively well, even near our stock Z-bar linkage for the SM465.
At that point we broke out the torch and ball peen for some reforming work.
Just to have some extra clearance at that point.
Now we know they fit and what to buy when we want a new shiny ceramic coated set.

Since @Maxwellvis put them on last week, he drives the truck like a race car.
He loves the sound it makes now.
We can hear him coming from a couple blocks away.

Big block is moving more air and has appreciated the ability to breathe...

You must be registered for see images attach

got any pics of/from the underside with the headers installed? Curious to know how far back along the trans they go. I know A Body headers are shorter in height but claims are they are long front to back. I've been contemplating A body headers for my K30 as I know some guys that have put them on 3/4 tons with good success. but i'm worried about how far back they'll go. I don't have a lot of real estate on the passengers side due to the brace rods that are on the 1 ton. My neighbor has a '70 Chevelle and lucky enough for me has an old pair of headers in his garage he's going to let me test fit at some point when I get ready to do the exhaust so I can determine if they're actually going to fit before ordering a set.

Catbox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Silverado Camper Special
Engine Size
got any pics of/from the underside with the headers installed?

I can have ****** berry (@Maxwellvis ) crawl under there and take some photos of where things are.
It may take a bit to have him do it, but I will get you the photos.

hirschdalechevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
k-30
Engine Size
@hischdalechevy,

Are you still using your stock starter, i.e. pic's above, 2nd photo of underside showing diff. I had to get rid of mine and go to a mini. When we first put the headers on I should have known something wasn't right due to having to remove the factory starter to get the header on that side. Then putting the starter in was so tight, later it rubber a groove into the side of the starter and killed it from the heat. So I got a new stock one and put that Moroso heat shield on it and it was even tighter, so much so that it wore a groove right through the heat shield and over heated the starter and killed that one.

So I got a mini and with all the room I stood back and threw it in. I still put a heat shield on it anyway just to protect the starter solenoid. It's been in there for years.

Yes , that was a pic with my old 400 under the hood. Had those hedman elite's on there with no problems for a year or two. Since I put in a new engine I did go to a gear reduction mini starter just cause I think they are cool.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mattyb