Another annoying AC Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
Nah , you just thought you were wrong . You were really right!!! LOL

DrPrepper

Reaction score
First Name
Dwight
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
400ci
Glad I found this thread ...I've been putting all the parts together to put the A/C back into my 75 short bed. I have to take responsibility for the tossing of the parts though.
The diagram of the brackets is just what I needed, I found the brackets and a compressor at a yard sale...$10
yard sale compressor was frozen...hit the trash..got the best deal on Amazon for a new one

smoothandlow84

I'd rather be draggin' frame
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
1984 Frame...87 motor and 700r trans
Truck Model
1500 r10 pavement scraper
Engine Size
350 TBI
I was gonna suggest going to a pick and pull for the brackets. I was in a similar situation when I bought my truck. All of the parts were present for the ac EXCEPT the compressor and the upper bracket. I ended up going to a pick and pull and grabbing a bad compressor (I needed a core anyways for the new unit) and the upper and lower brackets. For some reason the brackets can be like finding a unicorn. There are billet brackets available as a worst case scenario, but the boneyard is usually the best option.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xXmutantXx